Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating a Leather Coat

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
Hello gentleman, could you please tell me how old is this coat? Perhaps you also recognise the label?

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

DC3

New in Town
mmm...A couple of questions. I can read that it was made in Australia but does the rest of the lable indicate the manufacturer, or are they out of business?
I also was looking at the overall style. Double breasted, tartan lined, extra long, and it looks like double needle top stiching all around. The point on the front collar is very unusual but could be a manufactueres style though it is rather 1940 ish in it's look. Lots of other things could be keys such as the buttons, pocket construction, and the general condition of the leather itself. It looks very nice..too nice for a 20's, 30's, or 40's unless it was extremley well cared for by someone like myself, who treats and cares for their leather items regularly. The pictures indicate that there might be some stitching on the cuff area but the picture is unclear.
That's the best I can do from Northern California. Good luck
David

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Labels designed in the 1950's are often still used decades later... So labels are a spurious source of a date,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats