Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadstock Greek jacket

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-vintage-1940s-jacket-Deadstock-40s-suit-jacket-Demob-suit-Orig-label-/161116955202?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Coats_Jackets&hash=item258351a242

$(KGrHqUOKpIFJBfO5q6nBSRu2TmPZQ~~60_12.JPG

About a year back a whole load of 1940s deadstock Greek clothing was up for sale on Ebay. This seems to be part of the same batch. Not the most attractive jacket but the stripes are interesting:
$T2eC16JHJHcFFkGC(N+,BSRu2-1Skw~~60_12.JPG

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Because of the straight (instead of rounded) edge I rather think it is a DB with the buttons (badly) moved closer to fit a larger gut.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
However, the jacket came straight from a warehouse, still has some paper labels and (according to the vendor) has never been worn. Certainly, the other jackets fromt he same batch were deadstock (didn't somewhere here - maybe Metatron? - buy one of them?). As such, the need to move the buttons should never have arisen. Maybe it was just a badly styles, badly made jacket?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yes Metatron had one of them - it's with me now. The lot was from a film production (WW2 in Greece) that was not realized. I think it is possible that the buttons have been moved before the labels could be removed.
But your explanation is a distinct possibility too - they all were "lower grade" Greek OTR clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou