Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deciding on a new color with Pixie Cut

bettylovekitten

New in Town
My original plan was to go and have my hair cut into a pixie...it actually ended up shorter than I really think I needed to go. It will grow out so I'm not that worried, and now I feel I need a color change. Although I still have a little bit of red in my hair. Funny this is the longest red has ever lasted me ever...I have thought about blonde, and eventually hoping to do platinum, or now I am starting to think maybe a strawberry blonde.

But any suggestions?

pixie2.jpg

pixiebe4newcolor.jpg

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
You're pretty! And short hair suits you! I see you have a pink undertone in your skin. So a blonde will bring that out even more. I think a strawberry blonde is pretty, but with your skin tone I worry that it may be too pink. I had that problem when I did strawberry before. It does fade quickly like a true red also. Lasts about 3 weeks.

It looks long enough to pull alot of the 50s styles like this one:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p_VRZY3jolk/SvompDpvhUI/AAAAAAAABYE/MbDWWj952hQ/s1600-h/tryYourSkill009.jpg

IMHO if you like blonde, go full blonde, haha But with a pixie, if you wear it in the messy style, it flatters much more with highlights and lowlights on the blonde. To add dimension and texture. I know from experience, haha, wore that style for years. You can do a pretty ash blonde with lighter highlights! There is a kit you can buy that does this GREAT!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
How about something like this 1950s blonde/platinum hair Kim Novak has?
I think that since your hair is short you could get away with it. :)
untitled-15.jpg

bettylovekitten

New in Town
I love the idea's! I've always wondered if ash blonde was better for my tone of skin...I definitely love the platinum Kim Novak look...I at some point would love to achieve that and maybe even grow it out to style it more like hers...If I don't stick to the pixie.

I think I also may eventually go back to dark- I like best dark or highlighted hair. I love love Elizabeth Taylor's cut and color in that pic too! That's definitely an idea. I just really want to go blonde too while I can and be able to maintain it easier then if it was longer.

Lillemor

One Too Many
:eusa_clap Both the cut and color is lovely on you! If you don't want the yellow in your hair could a toner take the yellow out?

Hestia

Familiar Face
That's a great color on you! That's the fun part of having short hair, you can really play with color without having to worry too much about the consequences. Enjoy!

bettylovekitten

New in Town
I did do an ash blonde ....and I'm wondering now that I've done it all...can I tone it again to try and take out more yellow. Or just wait until Next time. I'm happy my hair is short and strong. I forgot how much chemicals really go into the process...but so happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24