Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Defiance with Daniel Craige

Drew B

One of the Regulars
210px-Defianceposter08.jpg

''Based on an extraordinary true story, DEFIANCE is an epic tale of family, honor, vengeance and salvation in World War II. The year is 1941 and the Jews of Eastern Europe are being massacred by the thousands. Managing to escape certain death, three brothers take refuge in the dense surrounding woods they have known since childhood. There they begin their desperate battle against the Nazis. - Greater Union''

Has anyone seen it? If so, what was thought of it?

Cheers,
Drew.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I saw it and I really enjoyed it. The DVD had some really good special features (interviews with family, people who knew the brothers portrayed in the film) that added quite a bit to the movie after veiwing it. Check it out, you ought to like it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes!...and I thought the portrayal was excellent. I am always fascinated by these glimpses into authoritarian societies and how people will do almost anything to be free and to survive to tell story.

When society breaks down and rich and poor, professionals and workers, intelligent and ignorant must come together for survival through cooperation, it is good to take it to heart and wonder what you would do in a similar situation if your modern civilized society should be turned upside down by an authoritarian government that ruthlessly pursues those who would rather be free and enterprising.

I recommend this to every free American (which oddly enough, is what the protagonists became after they survived.)

-dixon cannon

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie's first-rate acting and gritty realism. I liked the fact that the gunshots didn;t have that typical cheesy Hollywood sound to them, but sounded more realistic. A great story.

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
I quite enjoyed it! I'm not much of a movie-goer, so my girlfriend sort of dragged me to it, per usual, but i thought it was great: wonderfully acted and quite a story that i'd really like to find out more about.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Fabulous.
I loved the gritty realism, the sense of peril, the raised stakes.This is one of the few films I've seen this year where I was ACTUALLY worried that the main characters wouldn't make it through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred