Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave 2 tone Buco Repro Size 48

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was my first real jacket. Not something I was ever planning on selling but it's too big now so it's time to let it go. The leather is very thick cow. The lining is a heavyweight cotton drill in bright red. This jacket is on the flashier side and is a lot of fun to wear.

Sizing: Fits like a very trim 48 or larger sized 46. Sleeves have plenty of length. Body is on the shorter side.

Condition: Some wear from use. Zipper pull on D pocket is broken off. The pull is in the D pocket so it can easily be repaired easily. I just never did so.

Price: $600 shipped to USA. $580 if paying paypal friends and family. Contact me for international shipping rates.

Photos to come in a moment.

casechopper

IMG_20201104_164142.jpg
IMG_20201104_163944.jpg
IMG_20201104_163859.jpg
IMG_20201104_163920.jpg
IMG_20201104_163840.jpg
IMG_20201104_163840.jpg
IMG_20201104_164113.jpg
IMG_20201104_164050.jpg
IMG_20201104_164030.jpg
IMG_20201104_163751.jpg

casechopper

Details from listing when I bought this:

-------------------------------------------------------
This is a "Test" jacket and is Made in the USA!!

This jacket is made of 3.25 oz, Steer-hide, of the Tombstone family, in both black as well as mid brown.

This is the first of our line of redesigned jackets, based on the venerable styles of Buco, Detroit. This jacket
has been changed from the standard riding length, to a new waist length version, and has the addition of
a deco style D-Pocket added to the front for a classic, yet modern style.

Lining: 100% Cotton Drill in "Roman Red"

Pocket Lining: Super Heavy Flannel Canvas

Zippers: Main zip is a #5, Nickel, Talon reproduction by Waldes Japan. Complete with correct 1950's slider and pull. Includes extremely heavy
100% Cotton tape, just like those that would have been used by the many of the garment makers of the day.
Also includes Bell pull Talon reproduction by Waldes to each sleeve and chain pull Talon copy to the D-Pocket and Diamond Pulls to the chest pockets.

Label: Completely accurate, reproduction, Satin label in correct style and color.

The jacket in question is a size 48, Bear in mind that these jackets fit differently than most of the modern "Mall" jackets sold today.
As such, please see the dimensions for this jacket and you will understand the sizing better. The original jackets seem to have had a standard +4" increase, form ones own measurement, and are labeled as such.
This is seen also in styles such as the fantastic A-2 jackets of the similar period.

This simple pattern has an extremely flattering "V" shape and will complement most men and
just look great on the streets in any general fashion application!!

------------------------------------------------------

Measurements (I didn't take these, these are from someone who had it before me):

Pit to pit is 25"
Back length measured from bottom of collar seam is 24"
Sleeve from seam to cuff is 26"
Front is 22.5" from top of zipper to bottom of jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner