Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disneyland 1955

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
The Haunted Mansion: Behind the Scenes

1174660_10201219996175464_241180248_n.jpg

1004679_10201220039616550_1186996664_n.jpg

1274453_10201220026136213_976534063_o.jpg

These are great! I've never seen these before! Where did you find them?

earl

A-List Customer
My parents took me to Disneyland when I was 11. That was in 1965. It was a "special trip" in that my dad was terminal then. His sister lived in Santa Monica, so we visited her then. Earl

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I remember riding with my parents to Disneyland in the early s 60s, staring through the windshield to see the top of the Matterhorn poking up over the tops of the orange trees. Also,there were signs over the ticket booths stating that servicemen in uniform and clergy could buy tickets at a discount (or maybe get in free, my memory is a bit jumbled on this point). I saw Walt Disney standing over by the entrance of Adventureland near the shooting gallery. I wish I had gone over to him, but as a little kid I was sort of scared of such a notable personage.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Always wanted to go as a kid. Three families of relatives in southern California- any one of which would have been happy to house us- and my dad certainly earned enough for us to take the trip out on the Super Chief or the City of Los Angeles, or even drive out like the Griswolds. Could have been grist for a few sessions with an analyst, I'm sure.

We took our own son at age 4 to WDW, and he loved it. The meet & greet characters are very real to kids at that age, and it was fun to watch him interact with them. Watching him scold Aladdin and Princess Jasmine about how they could have been killed and to be more careful alone was worth the price of the trip.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I noticed two things from the film.

A) There were very few people in the park. Maybe they shot it in the morning to beat the heat?
B) There is/was an 'intimate apparel' store in Disneyland?[huh]

Mike

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I noticed two things from the film.

A) There were very few people in the park. Maybe they shot it in the morning to beat the heat?
B) There is/was an 'intimate apparel' store in Disneyland?[huh]

Mike

There was. Walt needed money so corporate sponsors paid for a presence or a name in the park. One was the Wizard of Bras; you could google it.

Always wanted to go as a kid. Three families of relatives in southern California- any one of which would have been happy to house us- and my dad certainly earned enough for us to take the trip out on the Super Chief or the City of Los Angeles, or even drive out like the Griswolds. Could have been grist for a few sessions with an analyst, I'm sure.

We took our own son at age 4 to WDW, and he loved it. The meet & greet characters are very real to kids at that age, and it was fun to watch him interact with them. Watching him scold Aladdin and Princess Jasmine about how they could have been killed and to be more careful alone was worth the price of the trip.

I think I would've enjoyed the trip on the Super Chief at least as much as Disneyland as a kid and, definitely, as an adult.

Great memory from your trip with your kids - thank you for sharing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff