Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

display assistance

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hi all,

I am looking for some assistance on a display that I will be participating in. In Oct. the city of Richmond, Ca is having a USO dance and the following day there is a HomeFront fesitval showcasing Richmond's support for the war effort. The dance and display will be taking place at the old Ford plant on the waterfront near the Kaiser shipyards.
I will be bringing my Model A which I can say came from that particular plant-who knows maybe it did. I am looking for ideas that I use to display a home front theme. I will probably be in uniform and am looking forward to getting pics taken of me driving with people on the running boards:D So any help would be appriciated.

Mike

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Have you considered getting a gas-ration card for the car? (You can probably print one out).

During the Second World War, gasoline (petrol) was severely rationed. Civilians were only allowed a very small amount, dependent on their business or their necessity for the fuel. The cards were something like A, B, C, D, X...there were a few more that I don't recall. Having an "A-card" was the bog-standard that most civilians had, which gave them the most limited amount of fuel. The cards were placed in the lower corner of the windshield so that police could check on the car's fuel-rating. You might want to print one out and stick it on your windshield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany