Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita supports PETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden

One Too Many
The Lounges old friend Dita may be unlike any teacher you've ever had, but her lesson is as easy as ABC.

Burlesque stripping queen, Dita Von Teese, stands at a classroom blackboard wearing her signature corset, in a captivating new ad for PETA.

See news article here

Harry

vonwotan

Practically Family
There is much I would like to say about this campaign and this organization but let's avoid the contentious political rant. Although I have been a Dita fan I've just lost interest.

Amicus usque ad aras.

S

Samsa

Hahaha I can already see where this thread is headed.

Exeunt for this one.:D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well whether or not we all agree or disagree with PETA, I think most of us can probably agree with the message of this ad that spaying or neutering your pet is a good idea and a practice that responsible pet owners should engage in.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I would agree that for most pet owners and most pets spay/neuter is the best course of action - when your pet is physically mature. This will vary by size, breed, etc.

Warden

One Too Many
Did not think about Dita wearing fur, but it does put a different light on the campaign. Does anyone know if it is true?

Harry

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Warden said:
Did not think about Dita wearing fur, but it does put a different light on the campaign. Does anyone know if it is true?

I don't think PETA would feature a model in one of their ads who supported fur. Perhaps Dita used to wear fur and changed her ways?

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Well whether or not we all agree or disagree with PETA, I think most of us can probably agree with the message of this ad that spaying or neutering your pet is a good idea and a practice that responsible pet owners should engage in.

Responsible Pet owners, should just be Responsible...

I know plenty of animal owners that are responsible that wouldn't dream of cutting open their pets so they can't reproduce.

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
Doesn't Dita wear fur? She talked about her mink slippers once & it seems like she had a mink coat with her name embroidered on the lining. [huh]

she has plenty of Furs, leather shoes etc...Unless has completely flipped on her beliefs in recent times which i highly doubt. Last time we were together She was really into taxidemy as well, having a full collection of amazing stuffed animals!!! she has had 2 daschunds for many years one of which i remember her wanting to breed, atleast at one point...

I can't imagine her doing much more then this AD, or becoming a spokes person in any way, unless of course she has completely flipped her views...

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Way to go Dita!
Way-to-goooooooooooooo :eusa_clap

I didn't even know who you were until I joined here, but..... from now on, I might pay more attention... he-he :D

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I disagree with a lot of PETA's campaigns (especially the "Your Mommy is a Murderer" one and the like), but this is a universally agreeable and VERY important message.

I support Dita, and, on this issue, I agree with PETA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred