Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese/Frederick's of Hollywood

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
If it's the same photo that's on the main page of the Frederick's website, I don't think they look any longer than they usually do in any of the photos on her website...

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I don't have the catalogue, but that seems strange! Perhaps it's just the angle?

Anyway, I LOVE the lace bustier. I can't believe it's only $50! It's very Agent Provocateur, and very inexpensive comparatively!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I didn't notice any fiddling. I'm not a big Dita fan if at all, but I'm a Frederick's fan and I enjoyed the latest catalogue. She's a perfect fit for Frederick's, whatever 'an outfit like Frederick's' connotes. Good quality items for all figure types at good prices, I've been a customer for years. I've also taken to my hairdresser pictures from the catalogues over the years, as they like to use sexy vintage hairdos!
Ashley

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Good quality items for all figure types at good prices, I've been a customer for years. I've also taken to my hairdresser pictures from the catalogues over the years, as they like to use sexy vintage hairdos!

I'm not sure I'd call them "quality items", but I do like some of their styles. They certainly aren't any lower quality than Victoria's Secret, although I don't think that says much either :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Is it this picture?

homepage_07-1101_main.jpg

If so, I think it is just her great pose, which really elongates everything.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
This photo, however, looks seriously photoshopped.

corsets_07-1101_main.jpg

It sure does! It looks like one of those 1940's paperdolls where they stuck the celebrity's head onto a body.

I was going to post about this catalog too; drove me to theivery it did (I feel somewhat better because the girl it was addressed to in my building had moved out, but still...). The prices are a heck of a lot better than Victoria's Secret--any of you gals bought from FOH? Is the "quality" similar to Vickies?

I'm in love with the black corset she's wearing in the moon photo up thread and there's a red satin bralet/tap pant set that's pretty darn adorable too. I'll see if I can scare up a photo of the latter when I get home.

Liz

I love the lace bustier too. My first real job was working at Frederick's when I was 16 years old, so I've always been partial to them. :) I'm going to have to try and get to a shop so I can check the new stuff out in person!

fernande

Vendor
The whole shoot is very badly photo-shopped- they've used a retouching tool called "liquify" to nip in her waist even more- which sometimes can be a very cool effect (especially for fetish-y photos- helping someone shed a few pounds for a photo) But I'm shocked these photos went to print in the current state they are in!! awful! with my blind eye I can see the pen tablet marks! yikes!

Dita is petite (5ft 2 I think?), so I think they elongated her from the torso down- so she appears more "height-y" next to the usual amazons that model the fashions in the catalog.
perhaps the sloppy retouching was due to the entire budget being spent on paying Dita?! ha!

Love her hair though! I'm still trying to figure out if she has layers or she is just really crafty at curling and pinning. any thoughts?

Rosie

One Too Many
I noticed this too. She looked a bit long and too thin. Much of the catalog is pin up inspired, I thought they gave decent effort but didn't quite get it right.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh my, in that second picture she sure does look unnaturally elongated... Both pictures are definitely photoshopped, but the second one looks very strange, while the first one just looks good, imo.

The corsets look lovely, but to me they look like bedroom wear and nothing else.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I read that Dita is 5'6 so in her heels she really has no need of being elongated!

I'm quite tickled that FoH have called this Holiday feature thing "Pin-up Parade" as that's the name of a friend of mine's European-based pin-up site. It might get her lots of hits! In fact, I googled it and it's the first hit, with FoH being the third!

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
Thanks Laura Chase for posting/scanning the FOH catalogue; had no idea if posting it would be okay! As for Dita's height, I've stood next to her, and since I'm 5"1' in my stocking'd feet (we were both in heels), I can
guess-timate that she's about 5"2', but not much more than that. I have to say this is the classiest FOH cover/catalogue that I've ever seen, I was why I was so surprised to see Dita on its cover. I can more than understand why some photos need to be Photoshopped, but after a certain point, this just seems excessive, too fake and too perfect. One of my favorite Dita quotes was how she said that she's "a blonde girl from the midwest who dyes her with haircolor from the drugstore," or words that that effect.

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
I would bee more surprised if they had NOT retouched the images, it is the standard today to nip in the waist, take away any bulges and wrinkles, and make the legs look like a mile long. I remember seeing an interview with Kate Winslett where she talked about how for a fashion magazine cover they had retouched away 10-15 kg and made her legs look really long. It was quite surreal.

Her you see before and after makeup and retouching:
http://www.ybmakeup.com/gallery.php?cat=gallery_bnf

Her you can see before and after retouching:
http://glennferon.com/portfolio1/index.html

And of course the famous Dove film:
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp?id=6909

pigeon toe

One Too Many
My boyfriend bought me the Parisian corset/bustier thing (the second photo of Dita) and it's very cute! I might need to exchange it for a size smaller though, so next time we go I'm going to see if they have the first one in stock (they didn't when he went) and maybe get myself that. It's just too cute, AND under $50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn