Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dixiedust

dixiedust

New in Town
When do you guys & gals switch from summer (straw) to winter (fur/felt), Down south we switch memorial day/ to straws ----labor day to fur/felt or thats what the old folks say-------------Dan:cool2:

stinker

New in Town
Depends on where you live...

I live in Dallas and it makes no sense for me to wear a felt hat when it is still hotter than blazes in November. So... I make use of a transition period when the season changes in spring and fall. That is, I wear straws if the weather is appropriate or felt likewise. Perhaps hard and fast dates are more appropriate up north where the weather changes are more pronounced.

FWIW

stinker said:
I live in Dallas and it makes no sense for me to wear a felt hat when it is still hotter than blazes in November. So... I make use of a transition period when the season changes in spring and fall. That is, I wear straws if the weather is appropriate or felt likewise. Perhaps hard and fast dates are more appropriate up north where the weather changes are more pronounced.

FWIW

Agreed. In California it is the same.

Regards to all,

J

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Being a Northerner, I can tell you that there is no clear point of transition here. Sure, you could go by the old "don't wear white after..." idea, but that's kind of silly, too. Even up north. I've found myself alternating from felt to straw frequently in spring and fall... and I never wear white. That's just asking for a mustard stain!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff