Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Aero Jackets Run Large?

Is it me, or do all the Aeros seem to be running shorter in length recently (standard and sale- not custom)?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I usually wear 42. Some years back, in a simpler time, Aero's Amanda told me I was a 38 or 40 in Aero. But I fit into a 42 1930's half-belt pretty well (I could wear a 44) and I'm told I need a 38 Highwayman by Insurrection. Mind you their idea of fit is too tight to my taste. I'm a bit confused. From my reading here I always assumed that Aero was about one size large.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I usually wear 42. Some years back, in a simpler time, Aero's Amanda told me I was a 38 or 40 in Aero. But I fit into a 42 1930's half-belt pretty well (I could wear a 44) and I'm told I need a 38 Highwayman by Insurrection. Mind you their idea of fit is too tight to my taste. I'm a bit confused. From my reading here I always assumed that Aero was about one size large.

I would say (speaking for my recent hwm alone):
Go down at least one full size:
One size down-relatively roomy fit
Two sizes down: Slim, but with room for light layering
Three sizes down: Slim fit. Possibly too tight.

If not for the shoulders (my size 38 ((one size down from my usual 40))is a slim 18 inches across) two sizes down seems ideal.
But each jacket will possibly vary a bit.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
My chest is 40.

I wear 38 in the Cheyenne and its very slim (on the verge of too slim after xmas :D)
I wear 38 in the HIghwayman and its a perfect fit. Smaller wouldnt work, bigger would fit bad.
I have a 40 30´s HB and it fits good, it feels a little big, but I think the 38 would be all too small.
MY 40 CafeRacer is like a hotdog skin on me when zipped up.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's been caught in the rain a few times since April, and developed a little bit of wrinkling on the arms - nothing like FQHH - which has shortened the arms slightly. It's the perfect weight for this time of year.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab

Is your 30's jacket tagged "42?" I found that leather jackets were tagged with their exact measurements. I have a jacket tagged a "40" that is exactly 40 inches in the chest, so it is really a size 38.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
My 38 Highwayman has a pit-pit of 23". Shoulders are only 18". The cut of the jacket is such that it is not swimming on me.

If you are an old Aero customer and order a jacket based on the "size" you ordered before, you may be in for a surprise.
As I noted earlier, I own a half dozen Aeros.
I am a size 44 mens regular in a suit jacket.
44" chest.
Always ordered a size 44 with the prior Aero management.
ALways fit.
Recently received a size 44 Maxwell that I was swimming in. Way too large.
I believe all my prior Aero's fit were spot on not because they were all size 44's, but because they had my measurements down to a tee and when I ordered a jacket, they pulled the pattern that worked before...putting a size 44 label on it when it went out the door. When the old management left that went with them.
Either that or Aero has changed how they size their jackets.
Or......the person who made the 44 Maxwell I tried on was having a VERY bad day.
For whatever reason....the current way Aero sizes jackets is not the way it used to be.
Contact Aero/Insurrection. Tell them your measurements. Go with their recommendations..not your "normal jacket size".

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Is your 30's jacket tagged "42?" I found that leather jackets were tagged with their exact measurements. I have a jacket tagged a "40" that is exactly 40 inches in the chest, so it is really a size 38.

Really? My jacket was tagged 42 and had a pit to pit of 22.5 inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace