Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do I own a knockoff Cooper A2?

MarcienneA

New in Town
Gents,

I acquired an awesome Cooper A2 jacket that I've owned and barely wore for 3 years. I have decided to sell it and while looking for details to post noticed that the Cooper tags differ. More research the stitching on the legendary tag looks off. Have I been fooled? Would I still be able to sell it as a Cooper A2? What love some insight or thoughts.
Server says pic file is too large. Essentially the tag says Cooper Type A2, and below the white tag says type G1, with the GAC 201-01-8101M, CSN 8718-01-824-3400. Goatskin leather.

Thanks,

Marcienne

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I doubt that you have a counterfeit jacket on your hands. Cooper was known for making a quality jacket and well regarded as such. I find it hard to believe that someone would counterfeit these jackets though since they are not especially valuable nor are they hard to find.
It’s possible that yours has a different label than the ones you’re finding online because Cooper used different labels for their military issue jackets than they did for the ones that sold directly on the civilian market.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I doubt that you have a counterfeit jacket on your hands. Cooper was known for making a quality jacket and well regarded as such. I find it hard to believe that someone would counterfeit these jackets though since they are not especially valuable nor are they hard to find

It’s possible that yours has a different label than the ones you’re finding online because Cooper used different labels for their military issue jackets than they did for the ones that sold directly on the civilian market.
Everything in this post is exactly correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran