Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Carry A Lucky Talisman?

S

Samsa

Used to wear a Miraculous Medal at all times, and would carry a rosary in my pocket.

I don't carry anything anymore. Having more stuff than necessary in my pockets is bothersome.

Technonut

Practically Family
My lucky talisman.... Time Waits For No Man.... ;)

Crusher007.jpg

Mr. Sable said:
What? You such a lousy shot you need two heaters?
No, the point is to be faster on the reload just in case--with a 1911, you only get 7 or 8...

For me, the idea behind duallies would be so that if I'm in a multiple-aggressor scenario, I can have one in each hand and just have to shift focus to the weapon closer to the "goblin".

Technonut

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
No, the point is to be faster on the reload just in case--with a 1911, you only get 7 or 8...

For me, the idea behind duallies would be so that if I'm in a multiple-aggressor scenario, I can have one in each hand and just have to shift focus to the weapon closer to the "goblin".

Last_m7.jpg

:eek: ;) :eek: :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I don't wear it all the time but I have a couple chai pendants (its a Jewish charm, basically) that I wear sometimes. Its kind of comforting. And they're pretty. A little pendent on a chain isn't like lucky orange socks or something as far where you can wear it.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I carry a lucky talisman on my keychain, a strangely-shaped piece of metal that has helped me with its magic in many a tight jam. It's a bottle opener ...

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Closest thing to a talisman or lucky charms for me are the saxophone key fob a former student gave to me when she graduated from high school, and the penny with a heart punched out of the middle my wife gave me.

I put them on my keyring, and now they're a little scuffed and the engraving on the back of the saxophone has faded until only the "D" of my first name is visible. The copper of the penny has almost completely disappeared and it's more silver than anything.

Not lucky or talismanic, but I feel "naked" when the sax falls off, or I heve to use my other set of keys.....

dv

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
Yes, I carry a lucky talisman on my keychain, a strangely-shaped piece of metal that has helped me with its magic in many a tight jam. It's a bottle opener ...

ahhh... a spirit-ual talisman. :D

Well, I've already mentioned mine in another thread, but I'll see about illustrations this time.

Two different sized sets of these:
pi-ma-153.jpg

One set of "coat stars" (1.5" across extreme outer points), one of "collar stars" (1.2" across same). A reminder of the standard that I've set for myself and what I must aim to measure up to.

And one of these:
a02p05aa.gif

Federal Hydra-Shok .45 hollowpoint. (I've posted elsewhere about the "Golden BB Theory", this is my insurance against it.:eek:)

Sorry to anyone with a problem, but this thread's about talismans, and these are mine.

dostacos

Practically Family
Mr. Sable said:
What? You such a lousy shot you need two heaters?

281105987_9b443abe7b.jpg

I carry a Club Obi Wan challenge coin. It's not superstitious because it really would be unlucky to be caught without it.
yes the Club Obi Wan challenge coin, and a pair of "elsa" zippos one a lighter and one just a light;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran