Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you freeze your vodka?

Do you freeze your vodka?

• Total voters

AntonAAK

Practically Family
It gives it a wonderful oily consistency as well as chilling it without having to dilute it with ice.

I always keep my vodka in the freezer.

Dav

One Too Many
Don't know about the pros and cons but when I used to drink I was rather partial to it, especially when you shake the bottle to turn it into slush. You need a cold glass though as it melts quickly.

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
According to mixologist extraordinaire and cocktail historian Robert Hess, who video-blogs at http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/show/cocktail_spirit/, one should never freeze their liquors. Why? Because historically a cocktail is composed of four ingredients: spirits of any kind, water, sugar, and bitters. The water component is usually going to be added through the dilution of ice while shaking/stirring the drink. If you freeze your liquor you will not have any dilution of your drink from the ice, and thus will be lacking a key ingredient to a balanced cocktail.

NH

Atinkerer

One of the Regulars
Why? Well, I'm not a doctor, but I think it has something to do with the fact that the below 32F liquid freezes the part of the stomach it's in contact with. Anyway, it sure hurt my stomach when I used to drink Vodka right from the freezer.

Tony

Chainsaw

Suspended
Anything liquids or foods above or below freezing can damage a persons stomach. Gulping down hot liquids, such as tea, can cause ulsers, and possibly stomach cancer. It may sound silly, but all liquids and foods should be ingested at room temperature. Hot coffee just wouldn't be the same though.

olive bleu

One Too Many
ok,ok..maybe there is something to it. But i hate hot food.i always cool everything down to room temperature, and i normally don't eat ice cream and stuff, but the Gin and Vodka??

funny-pictures-addled-kitteh-quits-tomorrow.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy