Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you think you're drawn here because of past life memories....

Blackjack

One Too Many
Old soul, young souls, feel like you lived in the golden era and are just biding your time in the present? There's something to be said for all of this stuff. If you read up on reincarnation and old souls you'll find some interesting facts, facts that apply to many of us here I'm sure. There's a reason people are drawn to certain era's otherwise why wouldn't everyone just live in the present with little or no thought to the past? I've tried many times to break out of the feeling that I'm connected to the 20's-40's era and I keep getting pulled back in. "They" say that if your soul was happy in that time and you were suddenly killed or whatever your soul doesn't want to let go of the time frame you were happiest in. I've never been to Europe, but I also feel a connection there, maybe I died in the war eh? What cha all think?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I actually give a very wide eye to anything being possible. We as a culture and socially as a "human race" still are in a learning process. I am not totally convinced we have learned the proper lessons on how to live in peace and get along well enough on the earth as you know things are still a mess everywhere.

It may be we existed before coming here in this life, if you want to have some viewpoints that may connect you to a bible oriented belief system and not totally be connecting things in a eastern doctrine way of thought as in reincarnation. There are some issues in everything being "spritual" before being physical as per some theory. If that were true, you would maybe have some input with the powers that be on what would be of a design for us to now live in a physical world. It is possible, that we also have more than a single dimension of which we exist ( 3 - d or maybe 5 - d) that science has been kicking that theory around for years.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

No. Old souls is a bar line for the weak minded. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

(There. Got that out of my system.)

olive bleu

One Too Many
I can't say I have spent a lot of time really delving into this. But i entirely accept this as a possibility. From the time i was about 6, i started asking my Mother about certain buildings i had been in and she insisted I had never been to any such places.She told me that i must have dreamt of these things. There was a church in particular that i remember being in.The memories were so strong I could practically smell the wooden pews. i could describe the stained glass windows. This went on for years, untill i finally gave up asking about it.

I also have memories of being in a place at night, getting into a small boat..i was running away from something , and i believe it was in Europe somewhere.

I have many other scattered memories that come back to me from time to time, but not as intensely as they did when i was a child. They seem vaguely connected in some way and they seem to involve the church and prosecution.

I haven't really talked about this for years, because well..people think i'm kooky enough :p

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

No. Old souls is a bar line for the weak minded. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

(There. Got that out of my system.)
Well now just make everyone smile like crazy will you!! haha! Oh yeah if YOU ever go to another life or time period can you do something very special for me, as a total stranger, but please leave behind a few of your hats with my name on them? I think you have some awesome hats as well as great humor!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I can't say I have spent a lot of time really delving into this. But i entirely accept this as a possibility. From the time i was about 6, i started asking my Mother about certain buildings i had been in and she insisted I had never been to any such places.She told me that i must have dreamt of these things. There was a church in particular that i remember being in.The memories were so strong I could practically smell the wooden pews. i could describe the stained glass windows. This went on for years, untill i finally gave up asking about it.

I also have memories of being in a place at night, getting into a small boat..i was running away from something , and i believe it was in Europe somewhere.

I have many other scattered memories that come back to me from time to time, but not as intensely as they did when i was a child. They sem vaguley connected in some way and they seem to involve the church and prosecution.

I haven't really talked about this for years, because well..people think i'm kooky enough :p
It is possible to think about many reasons this could happen. One of many I can relate for a possible reason to your story, as you know when you are not born yet, you can hear and experience many things. They say you read to a unborn child and it may learn, who really knows all of it yet? So...maybe before you actually entered into life, while still within your Mother, some things happened and you absorbed them into the person you are today and have some recall of those things? Anything could be possible, and it may be that we all did live at one time or another in another life....we may not know until we kick the bucket and find out first hand. It would be nice if some things took place like that and you could have a say so as to who you could be around in a life hereafter or being reborn into some other life that others are already there.

Justin B

One Too Many
Ok. I'll be serious here for however long it takes me to write this.

Do I think that there is the possibility that we have lived previous lives...yes. There is always a possibility. Do I believe it...I don't know. Do I want to believe it? Not really. I'd like to believe that this life that I'm living right now makes a difference. I dislike the claims of previous lives as that makes what I'm doing now less. Its the now that matters not the might have maybe.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I don't believe in past lives. But if I did, then I didn't learn enough about making lots of money, because I haven't figured out how to do that in this one either. :D

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The idea of a past life is an interesting concept. I've often been accused of having one ;) If I did, I'd like to think I was Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald.

It's fun to toy around with, but as far as taking the idea seriously... Never. I simply happen to prefer the ambiance of a past era, a preference to which I connect no spiritual meaning.

Blackjack

One Too Many
It's fun to toy around with, but as far as taking the idea seriously... Never. I simply happen to prefer the ambiance of a past era, a preference to which I connect no spiritual meaning.

Right, so the question here is WHY do you prefer that era? Nobody yet has approached this answer. Why do some people know about places they've never been, or know how to do things there's no reason they should know how to do. I don't know whether I believe it or not but I have an open mind to the possibility. I don't think it would have any bearing on your life here and now having meaning. Some believe you keep doing it till you get it right...right?

rue

Yes, I believe in it. I'm happy and I make the best of this life of course, but I don't think I belong here and I've never felt completely comfortable. Even though I enjoy some things from this life I'm living in (movies, etc.) I have always felt better connected to life during the mid 1800s to the early 1900s and the 1920s to the 1950s. When I read about those times, see pictures or watch footage of it I feel immediately nostalgic and frustratingly sad. Not because I wish it could be that way, but because I actually miss it, like I was there and someone snatched me up and threw me into a world that I don't understand. Every single person that has ever known me, even when I was a very small child, has said the same thing..... "You belong to a different time".

I don't talk about this often, because it makes me sound like a kook (I understand Olive ;) ), but since you asked, there you go :)

Blackjack

One Too Many
Obviously not all, but "some" of us here feel the same as you Rue, which validates my original point. If you polled everyone who comes on this forum (and others like it) I think you'd find quite a few "kooks" like Rue and myself, I'm guessing more than you'd imagine. :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that we keep coming back to learn the lessons we failed to learn in past lives.Nor do i believe that i "belong" to another era.If i've had a past life, i believe that was where I was meant to be at the time, and this is where I am meant to be today.

rue

I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that we keep coming back to learn the lessons we failed to learn in past lives.Nor do i believe that i "belong" to another era.If i've had a past life, i believe that was where I was meant to be at the time, and this is where I am meant to be today.

I just meant the people thinking I'm a kook part not the rest of it :)

Obviously not all, but "some" of us here feel the same as you Rue, which validates my original point. If you polled everyone who comes on this forum (and others like it) I think you'd find quite a few "kooks" like Rue and myself, I'm guessing more than you'd imagine. :)

But I'll bet only a very few of us will admit it :p

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well I do have to think that I do have a faith and some order of belief that we do have a place to go as a "being" of some sorts of which is commonly labeled as heaven after we leave this earth and life as we know it. Where ever I would go and depending on what happens when I get there, I do hope that anyone I would know that made the journey before me, would at least be there waiting to welcome me. Not sure I could have any feelings now or ever about living in any form or state before the here and now? Have I ever felt like I had some connection to doing something before that made me feel driven to experience some unknown event or place or sound or smell? A past life that would be beckoning me again to it's form? No. Not really. I do however find myself knowing that I am hungry for a food and can relate to the here and now sense of wanting to sink my teeth into that steak and ravish the experience of a good meal again. So..bring on the porter house, (without the hand from the past passing me the plate, please...)!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I would hope that in the most part, people would have some considerate and kind thoughts about you and what you feel and think and not make a judgment against you or place you into a "loonie" label for what you feel may be happening or what you may experience.

I tend to try hard to make an effort to be open minded about many things I may not know personally about first hand. I can give one easy and quick example: I have never been a pilot for a fighter jet, nor can I say I know exactly what it would feel like to have 7 "G"'s of gravitational force pulling on me while flying a jet...but the concept of what it would feel like is not beyond my understanding.. So when anyone has a certain feeling or observation that may only belong to them, it is always fair to respect things that as a person one may not have the same experience as the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn