Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone else have difficulty sharing a bed?

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
...balancing out the gender-input for this: I'm usually always ok, except for the occasional blanket issue. There's been a couple of winter nights where I've woken up shivering next to a human burrito.

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I always used to hate sleeping alone but now... well it would be sheer luxury. We have a king-sized bed but there still isn't enough room for us and the children, who insist on crawling into bed with us each night then sleeping horizontally!!! Normally my husband and I end up bickering over who gets to sleep on the sofa.

SteveAS

Practically Family
We have a king-sized bed but there still isn't enough room for us and the children, who insist on crawling into bed with us each night then sleeping horizontally!!! Normally my husband and I end up bickering over who gets to sleep on the sofa.

The kids! ;)

BunnyLamarr

New in Town
I share my bedroom with my twins and my hubby - I often come down to sleep on the settee for some peace. When he was away in Australia before we
were married I used to hate the empty bed and missed him horribly. But now in a double some nights I would love a bed for myself. I don't sleep well, am always listening out for one of he twins to be standing right next to my bed ( that makes me jump so much, waking up to a small nose almost pressed on mine) and hubby wears a cpap machine. If he doesn't I have absolutely no chance of any sleep, it's horrendous! Even when he has it on it sometimes leaks air out of the side and drives me nuts but I can't sleep without my fan on. Between the cpap, the central heating boiler and the twins shifting all night long it's like a cattle market some nights.
I often think it would be nice to have separate beds in the same room. I love watching old movies where they say goodnight to each other and have these single beds next to each other, it's so romantic. It would be nice to have separate rooms and have to sneak down the hall I think but then on the other hand I would probably worry that we'd get into the habit of not sneaking?
Maybe when the twins finally get their own room and we have a king instead of a double I wont mind so much!

Juliet

A-List Customer
As a light sleeper, I prefer to sleep alone. It's funny - I fall asleep much easier when someone's in bed with me, but I won't sleep well.
So, I guess it's separate bedrooms for me, too. And the cats, of course))
To be completely frank, I also find some appeal in the idea of a feminine bedroom, with a laaaarge dressing table, and a modicum of frills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner