Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone else have difficulty sharing a bed?

Foofoogal

Banned
Just saw a National news segment on this very thing. Seems 60% of Americans sleep separate :eek:
The newest thing is homebuilders are now making homes with 2 master bedrooms to stay up with the trend.
--------------
Recently home from being gone for 22 days due to family issues.
Very glad to be back in shared bed. :)

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
homes with 2 master bedrooms

^^ ooooh! sounds lovely! I had another bad night in the same bed with my honey. As soon as he got in bed, I swear the bed shrank to a twin size and I was tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable spot...he got annoyed with me and turned over on his side, way on the other side of the bed...but hey, it gave me more room to stretch out and get comfortable :D

Cricket

Practically Family
My husband's snoring can be house-shaking at times. I nudge him to tell him that he is snoring. He says, "ok" only to start snoring...sometimes worse... a few minutes later.

Funny thing is our two year old sometimes sneaks into bed with us, and he has already started to snore a little as well. lol Half the time, I end up going to the guest room about 3 a.m. until I have to get up for work.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I actually enjoy sharing a bed with The Mister. He keeps me warm!

Last night I slept alone. He was kept at the hospital overnight for observation on his heart (not sure if he is working towards a heart attack or not). It was really strange, and COLD without him. Yes, he snores. Yes, he hogs the bed. But I like having him there with me.

Don't ever take for granted for one second having your spouse by your side. You never know how quickly that can change.

(Can you tell I didn't sleep much?)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:
I actually enjoy sharing a bed with The Mister. He keeps me warm!

That's what cats are for! lol 102 degree body temp!

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he's OK and back by your side in no time.

Foofoogal

Banned
Babydoll. Sorry to hear that. Hope he is better today or they find and fix the problem. Will be thinking and praying for you all.
Looks like the doll baby is growing well.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Kitty, I'm allergic to cats, or else we'd have one in bed with us as well!

The Mister is home. Doc thinks he passed a gallstone. Ouch. So thankful to have him back by my side.

Yes, Lilypie is getting big. She's 6 1/2 months now, and rolling all over the place!

stripeyjumper4_080810-1.jpg

She's also learned to bounce in her jumper seat, drooling all over (teething!), and learning to love solid foods. She's awesome.

Roxy

Familiar Face
Babydoll said:
Kitty, I'm allergic to cats, or else we'd have one in bed with us as well!

The Mister is home. Doc thinks he passed a gallstone. Ouch. So thankful to have him back by my side.

Yes, Lilypie is getting big. She's 6 1/2 months now, and rolling all over the place!

She's also learned to bounce in her jumper seat, drooling all over (teething!), and learning to love solid foods. She's awesome.

What a sweet baby face!!! There are times I miss when my babies were that size. Glad your family is back together safe and sound. :)

(yay for 15 posts!):D

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Glad all is ok and QTPie. I also agree don't take you loved ones for granted I would rather have my husbands messy shaving bits on the bathroom counter then not have him at all. I also felt torn this week going back to work and my husband (he doesn't work on Mondays) said our two year old kept asking where I was all day and wanted to see Mommy. It breaks my heart....

ColeV48

Familiar Face
My husband certainly rumbles. And to make it worse, he'd be gone on deployment for a few months and I'd get used to the silence. However, we somehow managed to get a small dog with as much volume as he has, so I'm used to never having silence now! Her favorite place is on my pillow, so I've woken up more than once thinking something must have exploded!

tuppence

Practically Family
I like sharing my bed, but my partner is a wierd sleeper. He sometimes sleeps with his head in the air, I've seen him repeatedly headbut the pillow; and when he's lying on his side he'll sway backwords and forwards. I now always sleep on the left side next to the dressing table because one time he swayed too far forward hit the corner off the dressing table and gave himself a beauty of a black eye.

Berlin

Practically Family
I love to share the bed with my boyfriend. We are together for 3 years and only share a bed in the weekends. I often have nightmares and when I have I usually crawl {without knowing myself} into his armpit, or I grab him really tight and he caresses my head untill I am calm again. My boyfriend is a terrible sleeper himself, and usually is awake the whole night but that never bothered me or keep me away from sleeping. {Tho I am a light sleeper ánd aware of the sounds around me}

I think sleeping in seperate beds/rooms isn't a real taboo anymore nowadays. If it makes you happier the morning you wake up and especially if you are still so much in love, than what does it matters!

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Quick male perspective if I may. We men get the benefit of having someone soft who smells nice in the bed, so any female bedmate is welcome.lol

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Berlin said:
I love to share the bed with my hubby. We are together for 3 years and only share a bed in the weekends. I often have nightmares and when I have I usually crawl {without knowing myself} into his armpit, or I grab him really tight and he caresses my head untill I am calm again. My boyfriend is a terrible sleeper himself, and usually is awake the whole night but that never bothered me or keep me away from sleeping. {Tho I am a light sleeper ánd aware of the sounds around me}

I think sleeping in seperate beds/rooms isn't a real taboo anymore nowadays. If it makes you happier the morning you wake up and especially if you are still so much in love, than what does it matters!
The question is does the boyfriend keep the hubby awake? Or does he only stay over during the week when the hubby is away.;)
Ok sorry I couldn't help myself there, not mean spirited just struck me as funny. Berlin are Hubby and Boyfriend the same person? Usually once a married we don't call them a boyfriend anymore well at least not in my part of the world. Or are you saying you have one and another on the side?

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Hmm... I seem to recall lots of older couples having separate bedrooms... Maybe I imagined that as a kid from watching to much Lucy? Most the families in our church didn't use Birthcontrol or used NFP so maybe they did have separate rooms... Who knows!

But I do know my mom frequently slept in the room with one of us daughters when she was married. She couldn't stand the TV on at night & her husband couldn't sleep without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner