Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Anyone Have/Know About a LW Rigger? Is it a Trim Jacket?

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm also thinking LW Rigger with a leather collar. Here's a pic from their website of one with no zippered chest pocket or button tab and, to me, it's "leather bomber jacket" simplicity itself. Also I like the way the zipper shows and having hand warmer pockets. But, I'll admit to being a little vain about getting thin and I only want a trim jacket that shows it off so: While I recognize that it's probably not as trim as an A2, is a well fitting (not oversized for layering) Rigger a trim jacket or something more like for working outdoors or on the docks or "rigging" or something? If I don't go for this, it's definitely an A2.

Rigger.jpg

Lando

Practically Family
I'm also thinking LW Rigger with a leather collar. Here's a pic from their website of one with no zippered chest pocket or button tab and, to me, it's "leather bomber jacket" simplicity itself. Also I like the way the zipper shows and having hand warmer pockets. But, I'll admit to being a little vain about getting thin and I only want a trim jacket that shows it off so: While I recognize that it's probably not as trim as an A2, is a well fitting (not oversized for layering) Rigger a trim jacket or something more like for working outdoors or on the docks or "rigging" or something? If I don't go for this, it's definitely an A2.

Rigger.jpg

I own a Custom Lost Worlds Rigger with a 1 peice back and g1 style pockets. The Rigger has a trim feel, but not as trim as an A2 or G1. You definitely feel more room in the body. I got it with the knit colar, which is great, and helps with retaining heat. It's s real work horse jacket with less style maybe than an A2, but it'll take whatever you throw at it, especially in the 4oz which I got. The blue green one from their site is a 5oz moose hide, which is very thick and yet ridiculously soft. I don't think they have anymore of it, but if they do I can't advise enough to get it. To me, it's one of the best leathers I've ever owned.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I can post fit pics.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Thanks Lando. I would really appreciate any pix you can post of a person actually wearing it: front, back, sideways, whatever.

Last edited:

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have a deerskin one, and got it to work in, because it is supple, I can layer, and it takes movement well. You want a flight jacket if you want something trimmer. Great jacket but it's made to move in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic