Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Anyone Know where I can get Suspenders Like these in the US?

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
http://www.juke-jive.de/xtshop/index.php?cat=c6_Braces.html

I got this link from another member on this forum... Was wondering if anyone knew where I can get nice 1920's style suspenders. I sent an email off to this company asking if they'd be willing to ship to the US. Obviously, my German wasn't as intelligible as I thought it was, and I got something of an off-putting response.:eusa_doh:

Anyhow, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on something similar... let me know!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I can help with the order in germany just drop me a pm. But I think the link from jdbenson has some fine suspenders. Might be easier and cheaper.

Daniel

Familiar Face
Thrift stores. Right now is the best time -- some thrift stores save suspenders as "Halloween" dress-up gear. If there are any older costume shops (like in a local antique district) ask them at the counter. Often these things are hidden in a pile, or they will know of another dealer with button suspenders.

I have fifty or so pair of button suspenders, and have never bought a pair new.

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the comments!

I'm really looking for those white-ended braces... they just look very polished and vintage to me. Flat Foot, I appreciate the offer of assistance! I guess my German isn't nearly as good as I thought it was... still.... Odd response in the email I received. Has anyone else here had dealings with Juke-Jive?

Thanks Again!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the comments!

I'm really looking for those white-ended braces... they just look very polished and vintage to me. Flat Foot, I appreciate the offer of assistance! I guess my German isn't nearly as good as I thought it was... still.... Odd response in the email I received. Has anyone else here had dealings with Juke-Jive?

Thanks Again!

Yes. I bought a pair of "Original Navy Trousers" and because of "old stock" and the "Swing Era" caption of the shop I thought they would be older than 1950s but they where just some NVA (east german) navy pants. But they where cheap enough so I didn't complain.
I bought a wrong size and the seller was nice when I wanted to replace them for another pair.

They should be able to read and write in english. I don't understand their problem.

Here is an italian shop. Many of the products are similar to juke jive.

http://www.oldwoogies.com/Suspenders.htm

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Thrift stores. Right now is the best time -- some thrift stores save suspenders as "Halloween" dress-up gear. If there are any older costume shops (like in a local antique district) ask them at the counter. Often these things are hidden in a pile, or they will know of another dealer with button suspenders.

I have fifty or so pair of button suspenders, and have never bought a pair new.

I've got four, and I bought them all at the thrift store...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran