Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does crushable mean packable?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yep. But if you are able, I recommend collapsing the crown into itself and then rolling it up like shown below. A little less traumatic to the hat than just wadding it up.

DSC_0002.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Actually.... "crushable" varies in definition. More info on the hat would clarify. Some hats can be crushed, but would not survive rolling or tight packing very well. Other would. Some hats are made specifically to be rolled, not flattened, and vice verse.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
After demonstrating a Borsalino's ability to roll into the cone-shape shown above, a hat salesman told me that it was not advisable to do it often. Crushable is a pretty vague term, and hats that are capable of being rolled for travel are usually advertised as such.

Dayonfire

New in Town
I want!

I REALLY want one of these old Borsalinos. Any guidance on where to get? I'm a 7-1/8.

Yep. But if you are able, I recommend collapsing the crown into itself and then rolling it up like shown below. A little less traumatic to the hat than just wadding it up.

DSC_0002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff