Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does my aero cossack look okay?

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Actually he may have measured from my shoulder to my wrist, but I think I may want it a bit longer than ending at the wrist. Possibly at the beginning of the thumb knuckle. What's your thought?

Actually he may have measured from my shoulder to my wrist, but I think I may want it a bit longer than ending at the wrist. Possibly at the beginning of the thumb knuckle. What's your thought?

Well that is my thought too...but remember that's where I like my jacket sleeves to end. They always shorten somewhat as the jacket breaks in.
I suggest using 'search'..type in 'keeper'..scroll down..and bring up the thread of keeper leather jackets. There are photos of how different members like their jackets to fit.
HD

jimbo123

New in Town
I'm 5'10 with a measured 49 inch chest and 36 inch waist, these type of cuts simply don't typically work on dudes with a shorter and stockier build, just the way it is, they work with guys who are tall and lean, or short and slight, just the way it is.

I wore a similar jacket for a bit but just had to face facts that it just didn't fit my body type, I would look for a different cut that suits your body type a little better like a Highwayman. If you do want to go with the half belt cut definitely size up all around, the length and sleeves are too short IMO.

Yeah, I realize that now. I just thought if I give my measurements, all will be well. I went for cossack instead of Highwayman because it looked a bit more slick, I do like Highwayman though.

blethook

One of the Regulars
Amanda probably is going to suggest that you break the jacket in first... I personally think the jacket fit is fine. Different people like different fit... The sleeves are going to get shorter as the leather creases... so be aware of that. Looking at the photos, you probably won't be able to wear anything else other than a T-shirt or a shirt under the jacket.

Re the lifting of the jacket when raising your arms, that's normal. That's because of the large arm holes (the design of the jacket). It will get better as the hide breaks in.

jimbo123

New in Town
All this time I've been saying it's a Cossack but it's a 1930's halfbelt that I ordered. Why I got the two mixed up I have no idea. I'll try to edit the original post and title.

jimbo123

New in Town
Amanda suggested I go one size up to 40" inch chest. The sleeves and body will be 1.5 inches longer. I reckon that will be okay now.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
All this time I've been saying it's a Cossack but it's a 1930's halfbelt that I ordered. Why I got the two mixed up I have no idea. I'll try to edit the original post and title.

Yeah from what I've seen the 1930's half belt look good on Japanese dudes who are like 5'4 135 lbs and pretty much no one else, it's just the cut, it only works with certain body types and styles.

A 50's half belt or highwayman a little looser will look a lot better IMO. Aero is a good company I'm sure they would work with you on some type of swap, you may need to pay out a little more but it probably wouldn't be an outrageous cost.

jimbo123

New in Town
Hey guys I could use your advice again.

If you were me and you've seen my pictures would you go one size up on the 1930s halfbelt or would you go for the Highwayman?

The Highwayman was a jacket I've had on my mind for quite a while as well.

Bear in mind that I'm slimly built and don't have a big tummy ;)!

pauleway

Practically Family
Hey guys I could use your advice again.

If you were me and you've seen my pictures would you go one size up on the 1930s halfbelt or would you go for the Highwayman?

The Highwayman was a jacket I've had on my mind for quite a while as well.

Bear in mind that I'm slimly built and don't have a big tummy ;)!

Half-Belt, One size up!

jimbo123

New in Town
Cool. Thanks guys, I'll let them know I'll go for one size up. I love both jackets I just can't decide. It may be that in 5 years time I'll go for a brown Highwayman.

Size up. 1 1/2" longer sleeves...2" longer body..IMO.
HD
Do you mean an extra 1.5 inches and 2 inches in addition to the size up?

Cool. Thanks guys, I'll let them know I'll go for one size up. I love both jackets I just can't decide. It may be that in 5 years time I'll go for a brown Highwayman.

Do you mean an extra 1.5 inches and 2 inches in addition to the size up?

Yes..that is how I like my '30s HalfBelt and other Aeros to fit. I think the extra length in the arms and body is probably more important than going up a jacket size..in my view.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy