Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does your body change every 7 years?

W-D Forties

Practically Family
When I was a kid my mum (and most women of her era I knew) held the belief that your body changed every 7 years. Now, I scoffed at the time but now I'm starting to think that there's something in that.

If you imagine that at 7 you are not so much a little kid as a young person, at 14 you have gone or are going through puberty (this would have happened later in my mums day), at 21 you are an adult....

And... at 42 (my ballpark age) your body is getting changing again. Well mine is, and not for the better! The hair on my head is now simultaneously greasy, wispy and dry whilst 'other' hair has suddenly turned into barbed wire, my skin is spotty yet dry, the weight seems to go on sooo much easier and to top it all my recent 'white stripe' hairdo has migrated south.

If feel like I'm falling to bits! I am now convinced my mum had this one dead right.

Can anyone else confirm or refute this 7 year theory?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I think it's because as people age they have more responsibilities (work, family, bills) so they neglected their own health. Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Pamela Anderson are all in their 40s and they all look good, but they have the funds and the leisure time to keep themselves up. I just think if you stay on top of your diet, exercise and grooming you will look as good when you are older as you did when you were younger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran