Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don't you hate it when they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

One Too Many
Just received a promotional Email from Alexander Leathers. Which was nice of them, except for the fact that they have included the Email addresses of everybody on their database!

Even Sandy Alexander is on the list......

So not only do I now have a whole bunch of addresses that I could spam freely, if I was so inclined, but everyone else now has mine, and could easily spam me........:eeek:

Golden Rule: Email addresses should be confidential. If you don't know how to use Email intelligently, don't use it![huh]

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Amazing how many people still do mass mailings by copying the list right into Outlook and not thinking.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
At least 50 unwanted promotional messages appear in my spam folder every day. However, nothing ever from AL.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Yes I got that email too. I just noticed that all those other addresses are there. Bit daft I should have thought. Is it just a mistake or did they mean to do it I wonder?

majormajor

One Too Many
Yes I got that email too. I just noticed that all those other addresses are there. Bit daft I should have thought. Is it just a mistake or did they mean to do it I wonder?

As DJH observed, it is easy for a lackadaisical IT person to simply copy and paste all the names into Outlook (or whatever client you happen to use) and then just click send.

Seems an odd thing to do deliberately. The one thing it demonstrates is that they don't have very many customers:eeek:;)

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
180 odd customers it seems. Not that bad when you consider how long they've been going. I don't know if the price reduction of the sale page stuff is a good sign for them or not.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Shame, I was looking forward to the sub-£100 sale that is surely around the corner. Even I'd have sprung for a Dakota at that price, but there you go... [huh]:D

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
180 odd customers it seems. Not that bad when you consider how long they've been going. I don't know if the price reduction of the sale page stuff is a good sign for them or not.

Not all are customers. There are wholesale enquiries & suppliers in there - and I don't think Sandy is regarded as a customer.

Apparently, they were working a three-day week recently, so they need to do something:eeek:

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I notice that they've dropped some 'old badge' designs even further, to £250. While I'm sure it could be seen as offering 'great value', price cutting this deep opens a host of problems for AL, not least a tiny profit on a jacket. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
That's a serious oopsie. While obviously an accident, it's still technically a breach of Data Protection laws - presuming none of these people gave them permission to share their contact details like that. Even if they did drop the price of jackets to well below cost, this would certainly make me wary of sending my payment card details anywhere near them. One should hope this would be a learning experience for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails