Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dorfman Pacific Fur Felt Indi...

geckoheart

Familiar Face
Dare I say it. I picked this up on ebay last week for a good price. I like the style and is the first fur felt I have bought. Fits well and I think will make a good everyday hat once the fall and winter come around.

I removed the IJ pin from it and was playing with the bash on Sunday.

As purchased

With sharper pinch
summer2007253.jpg

Wearing the DP
summer2007croppedDPside.jpg

Last pics for the today...honest...I think I have tripled my post count :) I think I need a cigar now.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great pic with the DP and the bowtie. I thought the lid looked good in the first photo, but the sharper crease suits it down to the ground . . . or up on top your head . . . ah, you know what I mean! lol

Doh!

One Too Many
Looks good -- I almost bought one of those myself but instead went with the Jaxon Iconoclast because it was about half the price (sale).

Sure, it's not an exact replica of "the" hat, but I always favor a c-crown myself and it's pretty sharp.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat! Despite what hard-core Raiders buffs say, the fur felt DP isn't that bad of a hat. It might not take the pounding of, say, an AB or VS... but it's not the "trash hat" that some make it out to be. I'm particularly fond of the color of the fur felt DP. Wear it well! ;)

Earp

One of the Regulars
I have one of these as well and I love it. I get so many compiments when I wear it.
I like the sharper pinch you put in yours. Did you get the hat damp first in order to change the pinch? How did you change it? Thanks.

geckoheart

Familiar Face
Earp said:
I have one of these as well and I love it. I get so many compiments when I wear it.
I like the sharper pinch you put in yours. Did you get the hat damp first in order to change the pinch? How did you change it? Thanks.

When I took the picture it was dry- but did not hold very well. Last night I held it over a little steam for less than a minute and reapplied the crease. This looks to be holding up pretty well.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Doh! said:
Looks good -- I almost bought one of those myself but instead went with the Jaxon Iconoclast because it was about half the price (sale).

Heh, I plan on making the exact same decision myself, the screen accurate hats are too tall on me, and the official indy is too expensive.

However, I'm still considering getting a Fur Felt Dorfman somewhere down the line, and that hat of yours, geckoheart, is definately a bit of encouragement :)

-Daryl

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Kentucky Blues said:
Heh, I plan on making the exact same decision myself, the screen accurate hats are too tall on me, and the official indy is too expensive.
-Daryl

Kentucky, there are some vendors who will gladly make a shorter-crowned Indy while remaining true to the proper shape. That includes the AB, I think. Not sure about the Camptown. Pretty sure that Peter Bros. would. There are so many options these days, at all price-points, for a "screen accurate" Indy hat. And I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here.
NB

Doh!

One Too Many
Kentucky Blues said:

However, I'm still considering getting a Fur Felt Dorfman somewhere down the line, and that hat of yours, geckoheart, is definately a bit of encouragement :)

-Daryl

I got my Jaxon at Village Hat Shop -- and they also carry the fur Indy:

http://www.villagehatshop.com/product2326.html

If you know your size, their mail order site is very reliable.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
MattDeckard... I've been just about everywhere but this one and the indy community :p

and D'oh! that was exactly where I was planning on getting mine, lol. I have to ask, whats the Iconoclast feel like? Does it have any stiffness to it's shape? I'm thinking of placing my order this weekend...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good discussion

I am glad to finally hear someone stickup for the DP Indy. I do not have one, but I must say that it looks pretty good on you... I'm likin' the tight pinch too.
The Jaxon Iconoclast looks good too though I don't care for the "mold injected" look of the side dents. I am sure you could massage them into something more authentic looking. I was a FOOL for not picking one up about six months ago when they had 'em for $42... what was I thinking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97