Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Downton Abbey - I'm hooked

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The official trailer is out. I can't stop watching it...looks SO, SO GOOD.

[video=youtube;Kvw7J26V68U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvw7J26V68U&feature=share&list=PL034D0DA08DA56D77[/video]

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great seeing Dame Shirley in it all the way from the US of A..!! (well, she 'should' be a Dame!). Can't wait for the next series (and HBO's Boardwalks coming too!!).

The official trailer is out. I can't stop watching it...looks SO, SO GOOD.[video=youtube;Kvw7J26V68U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvw7J26V68U&feature=share&list=PL034D0DA08DA56D77[/video]
Thank you! I can't wait until January. I wonder how far they'll take the show - time wise? It's one of the most beautifully done shows ever.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'll be watching, tho I have to admit, I do cringe with embarrassment on a regular basis when I see some of the "that could never happen" situations they tend to throw up on the screen.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
From what I've heard, this season is "back on track" and will be much more like the first season. They are slowing the pacing quite a bit and not rushing through as they did with WW1 in the second season.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Even though I'm in the U.S., I was able to watch the first episode of Downton Abbey on ITV.com thanks to a nifty program called Tunnelbear. It's perfectly legal - no pirating involved!

And I was quite thrilled with the first episode - wonderful!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I know a lot of people rather like 'Downton Abbey', but I still can't watch it without thinking it's a comedy. Everything about it annoys me.

There are two opposite ends of the British drama spectrum that both irritate me:
1) Downton Abbey type dramas - the 'aren't us posh-people frightfully nice to our servants' bilge
2) The written by Jimmy McGovern 'aren't us poor working-class northerners forced to be so tough by our crappy lives' worthier-than-thou nonsense.

Mind you - I don't like most of the stuff inbetween, either.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
I know a lot of people rather like 'Downton Abbey', but I still can't watch it without thinking it's a comedy. Everything about it annoys me.

There are two opposite ends of the British drama spectrum that both irritate me:
1) Downton Abbey type dramas - the 'aren't us posh-people frightfully nice to our servants' bilge
2) The written by Jimmy McGovern 'aren't us poor working-class northerners forced to be so tough by our crappy lives' worthier-than-thou nonsense.

Mind you - I don't like most of the stuff inbetween, either.

Hence the satire I posted above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen