Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Dressing for Disneyland"

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol Or our friend Jim Anderson rarely sans jacket. Ward, Ozzie or Jim would definiely remove their suit coat even if they left their tie on to stand 75 minutes in 88 degree temps to ride the Fluggerwizzer though.

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
Although not Disneyland......

When Bonniejean and I went to San Antonio to my son's Air Force graduation, we took him to Sea World. She wore a nice dress complete with stockings and low heels, I wore dress slacks, brown cap toe shoes, nice button down shirt and a Panama hat. Alright I didn't wear a tie or jacket. Of course my son was in his dress blues. We did get a lot of stares! But we were comfortable in the 90 degree heat.

Jovan

Suspended
No one followed the dress code for Grad Nite at Disney World back in my high school. No one, except half of the girls. And the guys who thought "baggy polo shirts (collar up of course!) sloppily tucked into jeans with sneakers" equalled "collared shirt with khakis or dress pants and polishable shoes." :rolleyes:

Now, I've been confused as an employee or even a manager for dressing in a coat, especially when with a tie, walking around in some clothing stores. But what really got me was how people thought I was the manager when I hosted at Perkins Restaurant. I wore black leather shoes and black pants with a crease, kept my white short-sleeved oxford shirt pressed almost every day (it's a wrinkle resistant 100% cotton that requires little ironing), wore an undershirt, and stood up straight. See, all of this was the basic uniform. But apparently the way I presented myself made the difference. That's what my co-workers theorized anyway.

I think I said in another thread that at our Florida meet, if we went to Disney World we'd be mistaken as costumed staff in Main Street, USA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24