Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drum Boogie

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love that movie! It's the only pirated DVD in my collection (I received it as a gift). There are several versions of it on iTunes as well. Catchy little tune, that one! One that I really never mind having stuck in my head...but there are others...

Stiff Collared

New in Town
Here's something really special: Drum Boogie and
Barbara Stanwyck!!

Barbara was certainly capable of doing her own singing, but she was dubbed by Martha Tilton in Ball of Fire. She DID do her own singing two years later, when she played another stripper in Lady of Burlesque. That was adapted from the backstage murder mystery by Gypsy Rose Lee.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's been in my head all day again today! The second day in a row!

I have been listening to the Boswells all day but still Kruppa's tune is in my head. I was swing dancing to it in the kitchen earlier!

lol
Watch the movie, it's got a too-cool scene where everyone's crowded around Gene Krupa scraping out Drum Bookgie with matchheads on the flint side of the matchbox, without striking a fire until the end, neat trick...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And as luck would have it, following That Touch of Mink (just starting at this very moment), TCM will be running Ball of Fire from whence came the photo above and the song that is the topic of this thread. That'll be 8:15 Pacific, 11:15 Eastern and, I believe, 9:15 Mountain and 10:15 Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24