Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry skin from stress?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Can I join the miserable-about-my-skin-group?

I have an itchy bumpy forehead (contact dermatitis I think) from wearing an itchy woolen hat whilst working on my in-laws farm some weeks back! It's now week 3 and I am finally starting to win the battle.
I've cut out all harsh products and have been washing my face in oat milk most days and using camomile tea as a toner. It has really made a difference.

You could try this in the bath too Helen, just cut out a round shaped piece of muslin cloth and fill it with regular rolled oats tie it up and pop it under the running tap. It releases an whole load of oat milk that makes a fabulous non-drying cleanser for your skin.

I've just been to Neal's Yard too and bought their Rose Facial Oil to see if that can speed up the recovery too!!

I do understand just how miserable any skin disturbance can make you as I have this kind of thing in one form or another most of the time, the important thing is to try not to worry too much about it as worry makes it worse!!

I'm sure that you'll be better for the summer!!

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I will definately try that bath trick, AllaboutEve. Thenk you! I am also considering putting some milk in the bath. Woudl that be good?

I have slathered myself wiht an almond oil jelly, which has helped some. And I have switch to cold cream on my face, and that helps with the "tight" feeling.

Just 9 more days and my master is completed. Then it's serious pamper time, and hopefully I will be able to shed my lizzard skin.

Thanks again, everybody, for all the help!

Blondie

Practically Family
Instead of milk out of the carton or bottle, try using powdered milk with a few drops of rose oil !
Another good thing for the bath is an old stocking with oatmeal in one end and then tie a knot, that way you get all the soothing properties of the oatmeal, without ending up sitting in a porridge bath.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Helen Troy said:
I will definately try that bath trick, AllaboutEve. Thenk you! I am also considering putting some milk in the bath. Woudl that be good?

I have slathered myself wiht an almond oil jelly, which has helped some. And I have switch to cold cream on my face, and that helps with the "tight" feeling.

Just 9 more days and my master is completed. Then it's serious pamper time, and hopefully I will be able to shed my lizzard skin.

Thanks again, everybody, for all the help!

I think that milk may be a bit irritating as it is a bit acidic, but try it if you want as you may find it works, different things work for different people.
I would definitely recommend chucking some plain camomile tea-bags in the bath before you get in as they are little miracle workers for irritated skin.

Any basic moisturiser is good but I have learned to avoid anything mineral based as then I have the tight dry redness, plus a whole load of little bumps !!!!!:(

I do hope that you start to feel better soon, my situation doesn't sound as difficult as yours but I do share your misery, bet you it'll pass before you know it !!!!:) :)

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Mmmm, I can't wait until I cab relax in the bathtub with all this good ingredients you have told me about.

Oh, and all the caring helps to. Thanks, AllaboutEve and all of you guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou