Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duane 'Dog' Chapman arrested...

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
Hey! This is ‘merica!

‘mericans are allowed to do whatever we want! We can go into other countries and break their laws and if they don’t like it, too bad!:rage:

We don’t have to take responsibility for our actions, and that’s the way it is!:rage:

… Isn’t this the attitude put forth by the current regime (I mean administration), and reflected in the minds of the people?

What has happened to this country? :(

Feraud

Bartender
Dixon Cannon said:
...Andrew Luster is a CONVICTED rapist who was brought back to begin his 124 year prison SENTENCE! He and the Mexican authorities knew his status.

I agree, completely!.... a job well done 'Dog'!

-dixon cannon
Thank you for the clarification.

I think part of what has happened to this country is what gives us six pages of comments regarding Rampant Crime, and LENIENT JUDGES. Please read that entire thread and then argue the semantics of proper apprehension of convicted rapists sentenced to 25 years. Do the ends justify the means? In this case, YES! If you feel like discussing otherwise, speak to a woman who has been raped.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Take responsiblity for (our) actions????.....

Serial Hero said:
Hey! This is ‘merica! - 'mericans are allowed to do whatever we want! We can go into other countries and break their laws and if they don’t like it, too bad!:rage:

We don’t have to take responsibility for our actions, and that’s the way it is!:rage:

… Isn’t this the attitude put forth by the current regime (I mean administration), and reflected in the minds of the people?

What has happened to this country? :(

That is exactly what Andrew Luster was thinking when he bolted after his arrest and he fled to Mexico where he believed he could not be apprehened and brought back to face incarceration. THAT is the irresponsible act!.. and he was wrong! He, a convicted serial rapist is now behind bars looking at 124 years of prison life.

Duane Chapman did us all a favor by risking his own freedom to go to Mexico and bring this IRRESPONSIBLE convicted felon back to be punished - possibly saving some Mexican women from the same fate of his victims here in the United States.

In my opinion, Duane Chapman deserves a medal of valor, not only from his own country, but from the government of Mexico as well.

Are we sure that we're not just prejudiced against bad hair, and the bad fashion taste of a guy who, having learned his own lessons early in life, now dedicates himself to bringing fugitives to justice for a living? Are we sure that maybe his success in doing so isn't just a little rancorous? And the fact that A&E shows his exploits in modern 'reality tv' format is maybe too real for our sensibilities?

I think many of us just don't want to admit that Mexico itself is governed by a gang of corrupt grafters influenced by drug cartels, and that a bounty-hunter's actions to bring a felon to justice is the least of their problems. It does make one wonder, what's at play here? Sending Duane Chapman and his son and brother back to Mexico, to face their version of "justice", serves no good purpose whatsoever.

If we really had concerns about Mexico's sovereignty and reciprocity we'd demand that they clean up their border security and mass emmigration problem as well as returning fugitives from justice to the United States before we answer their demands for anything from us.

...just my take on the situation. Thanks for reading; carry on.

-dixon cannon

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
I for one, enjoy the show. The man seems genuinely repentant for his past crime (Murder), and seems to be genuinely concerned for the people he arrests. I love of his prayers and Christian aspects, though the show is inherrently not a Christian show by any means.
When does "kill them with kindness" go too far? Meaning, Mexicans protest us, calling us unfair for our treatment of illegal citizens in the US. The man he arrested raped women (in America, if I'm not mistaken) and flees back to his pathetic country. Yet he should remain free and rape and many Americans as he can get his hands on. Uhm, no. Hopefully this case will open America's eyes on how we are literally bending over and letting them pound us with whatever they got. I'm also interested to see how they will treat an American of his stature (i.e., an American law enforcer) after that hugely public protest. I don't mind foreign citizens in this country, I do mind our resources being raped to suit their comforts.

Besides, don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence for Mexico to bring this matter up now, after 3 years, after U.S. recently denying Mexico much of its rights in this country?

As for him disobeying the law, he definitely should've known better. Maybe he thought he could stick it to them for what they do to us (even though the case was years ago, the Mexican thorn in our side has only recently been brought to light, cause we're too stupid to notice earlier.) Maybe he thought that as chaotic as Mexico's government is and has been, it would just slip through the cracks. Whatever the case, he got caught. He prayed for those he arrested, I say we return the favor, or at least I will.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Dixon Cannon said:
I think many of us just don't want to admit that Mexico itself is governed by a gang of corrupt grafters influenced by drug cartels.

Yes. And I think that many of us don't want to admit that our own government has supported Mexico's gang of leaders for a while now ... right down to NAFTA, which has done an impressive job of making them even richer.

I hear, again and again, that poor Mexicans should reconquer their own country, rather than ours. But think about it: does the United States government really want a revolution south of its border? Nope, nope, and nope.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pancho Villa. We sent the army. (In campaign hats I might add!) Now we have the Dog. The Pale Rider of the moment. I support him. Let the lawyers sort it out.

dean

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
I’m all for justice, but letting this go sets a very bad precedent. How many laws and international treaties did he break to bring this man back? This isn’t the Wild West, it’s the 21st century.

I'm also interested to see how they will treat an American of his stature (i.e., an American law enforcer)
He’s not a law enforcer, he’s a bounty hunter. He works outside the law, and doesn’t carry a badge.

I’m sure your views would be far different if bounty hunters came and took someone from the US back to another county to stand trial under their laws (or face their idea of “justice”, which usually means just being taken out back and shot).

Thumbing our nose at another country’s laws (no matter how screwed up or corrupt their government is) does nothing to help our case in the court of international opinion, and goes against everything we’re trying to do in Afghanistan and Iraq.

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
dog...

Don't get me wrong, I like Dog and what he does except the Showboating.
I just think he needs to play the game by the rules or suffer the consequences.
On top of that I was hoping to see Andrew Luster do hard time in a Mexican Prison !!!

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Serial Hero said:
Thumbing our nose at another country’s laws (no matter how screwed up or corrupt their government is) does nothing to help our case in the court of international opinion, and goes against everything we’re trying to do in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And just what is it we are "...trying to do in Afghanistan and Iraq"?

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Don't you know? We're trying to keep all hell from breaking loose there.

Since our taking over their country, 44,000 (minimum) Iraqi civillians have lost their lives, 2,689 US military personnel have come home in flag-drapped coffins and 20,000 more have been wounded - lost limbs to IEDs, etc. If this isn't "...all hell...breaking loose..." I don't know what is. Of course, maybe you're comment was just tongue in cheek. [huh]

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
The Captain said:
And just what is it we are "...trying to do in Afghanistan and Iraq"?
I thought we were in Afghanistan to bring law, order and democracy to the country, and to apprehend Al Qaeda.

Iraq; I’m not really sure about. The Bush administration changes its mind every time they speak on the subject.

For the record, I’m totally against us being in Iraq, and have been from the start.

Maybe Dog should go after Bin Laden. He would probably do a better job than we are now.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Serial Hero said:
He’s not a law enforcer, he’s a bounty hunter. He works outside the law, and doesn’t carry a badge.

Yes he does :p I dunno what authority it gives him but its a badge and its not a toy nor is it employee of the month lol

pablocham

One of the Regulars
I have to say it, I hate "dog" completely. I am not pro-crime or pro-fugitive, but I simply can't stand his bearing, style, attitude, manner, or macho swagger. He is a thug and a goon. He is coarse and unpleasant and overexposed.

This world might just be a better place if he and everyone else with his hairstyle and choice of clothing were rotting away, forgotten in some Mexican prison.

Just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy