Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eagle eye, strikes again

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Stopped into an old lady thrift store this afternoon. Didn't find much and was about to leave when a white belt caught my eye. It was in the women's section and I assumed it was a cheapo modern women's belt. But I thought I would check it out. Someone here or someone I know might like it. So I checked it out and lo and behold, a fifties Paris size 32 man's belt. wow.

Picture253.jpg

So I look for anything else and find a sweet mylar fifties belt. You can imagine how rare it is. Alas, it is size 26 inch. But I grab it anyway.

Picture255.jpg

Picture256.jpg

I am realizing these seem to be deadstock. So I was looking for the men's belts and about to just go. But there they were on the end of the rack. so I start looking, and start pulling out one after the other dead stock vintage Paris and Tex Tan belts, some pigskin, some western, some patterned. Mostly size 28 to 32 and some bigger. Needless to say, I grabbed them all.

Picture258.jpg

I will keep some and spread some around in the classified when I can get some pics.

You never know what you might find. That is the fun of picking.

By the way, there is also a basket full of deadstock socks, but mostly plain brown and some yellow. No patterns or stripes or anything, but I can probably get them for a buck each or less if anyone is interested. These are cotton but most of the othes are nylon. Vintage deadstock yes, all that wearable, maybe not.

Picture259.jpg

There is also a basket of kids vintage fifties underwear. They are for maybe four or five year olds and kind of thick y front tighty whities. If anyone has any interest I can get some pics and pick them up, but I can't imagine why anyone would.

I would be glad to pick up the socks or undies for any one who is interested. I can get them cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy