Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather doubt

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Hello gentlemen,

My name is Jaime, Im from Spain and this is my first post.

First off all, sorry for my english, is not as good as I could wish.

Actually my collection is giving his first steps. I´m a happy owner of three jackets, a Rough Wear 18091 A2 by Real Mccoy New Zealand in seal brown, a reproduction of the Howard Hughes jacket as seen in the movie The Aviator by Belstaff but in blackbrown color and a 50s Beck Cafe Racer in black.

The reason of this post concerns to a new acquisition i want to make and Im having some doubts about it.

I want to add to my collection another A2, but russet brown this time, My Real Mccoy´s RW I think its a little "baggy" for me, not so much, just a bit, but a little bit more than I really like, Its a little "baggy" specially in the back, and the sleeves are not so tight as seen in other models or original pictures (after 2 years of regular wear, i cant see the "accordion" look). As I live in Spain, my closest choice is an Eastman Leather Clothing jacket, and according to the new patterns of the brand, which I think are more fitted than my RW, and the color I want, I think two great choices could be:

RW 42141: http://www.eastmanleather.com/images/product_splashes/A-2RW1401WHmont.jpg

Monarch 23378: http://www.eastmanleather.com/images/product_splashes/A-2Monmont.jpg

My question for the gentlemen of the Lounge is, anyone have any of this models (in warhorse hide and new pattern) or can show me how they fit? Which of those you think is better?

Thanks so much for your time, and Im very appreciated to be here after months of reading you.

Regards.

PD. If I'm publishing this post in an inappropriate place, please let me know. Thank you.

Jaime

One of the Regulars
I´m adding some pictures of my actual Rough Wear RMNZ, in order to give you a better idea.

1-4.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-4.jpg

5-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Hello, Jaime. The jacket fits you well. It doesn't look baggy to me at all. It looks just right. I don't know that ELC will be an upgrade from what you have, but I am not familiar with their product. I just know RMNZ makes a good jacket and yours fits you nicely.

Living in Spain, are you able to buy a Goodwear Leather jacket? John's A-2's are regarded as the best in the world, and for not much more than an ELC. I would check it out. John is almost ready to accept new orders.

Good luck.

Looks good to me! You're a smaller and wiry build, so you don't have much cushion to fill a jacket. I think for your build it looks nice, only the back being a little larger than your physique. But seriously, it looks great. Enjoy it!

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Hello Joel,

I´m glad that you like the jacket and the fit, I like too, It´s just Im searching for something more "slim". For example.

In this post of by Usdiver (forgive me for using your pictures), I like the streched sleeves aspect:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52025-Eastman-Roughwear-A-2-27752

And here, the straight back:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?51281-Eastman-Roughwear-27752-sizing-concern

I love Good Wear jackets, but unfortunatly, I´ve wrote John a cuple of times with no response. By the other way, the taxes to Spain are so expensive... And there are no taxes buying an Eastman, becouse its European Union. I think the Eastmans are the closest to this amazing 1940 look of GW jackets.

Thanks for your response!

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your comment, ButteMT61. Giving you all the information, im a 38 chest and 5.7 height. The jacket is 38R.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're built like my son - I get jealous 'cause you guys can get/wear dang near anything and look good! For me, being a 52 long, it's tougher, and the options fewer.

kojax

Practically Family
i have a2 real mccoy nice brown color i bought last sept the jacket is breaking in well. nice made jacket.

D

Deleted member 16736

The leather on your jacket is very smooth and I can understand why you'd want a grainier hide. How much are the taxes? ELC's prices are as high or higher than John's, but it's close.

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Hello Marlin, I´ve been years ago, wish I could back again!

Hi Kojax, Im glad about your jacket, maybe you can show as some pictures!

ButteMT61, my father says too!

Last edited:

bentusian

One of the Regulars
That's a very nice A-2 you're wearing - lengthwise the fit looks perfect.

I'm not sure about RMNZ A-2's sizing reference, but if you decide to go for an ELC A-2, you may have to size down further, maybe down to 36R.

I've only had experience with RMJP and, like other Japanese repro A-2s, theirs tend to run small and slim compared to western sizing. Most of my Japanse A-2s are size 40 and ELC's 38 fits me almost the same way. So if you're going for a slimmer look I would stick to Japanse brand A-2s, but of course the problem is every piece costs a fortune.. ;)

PaveHammer

New in Town
Jaime,

I'm not an A2 expert by any means, but I would say that your jacket fits exactly how you would want it to fit - you're sort of a victim of your own physique, and only YOU know how you want it to fit, but I personally believe that the sleeve length, jacket length, and the shoulder fit you and your frame very well. I have yet to order a leather jacket online (having just ordered a Peacoat from Vintage Trends - we'll see how that goes before I go all out) because I am wary of sizing, but I'd say that you did very well in ordering the jacket you're wearing in the photos.

If you want a slimmer fit - by all means, but your current jacket looks great!

Brad

Flash

Familiar Face
Hallo Jamie!

your Rough Wear fits you perfect. RW makes the A-2s more roomy than other makers. If you are more interested in more trim fit jacket. Look at the ELC slender. It not comes from original contract but may be it is what you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran