Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Using 911 Conspiracy Theory To Sell Eastman/ELMC Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The following is a link to a recent post/thread on Eastman’s IG page: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCC7qIJRN0F/

Here is a photo of the Eastman post/thread in question (just in case Eastman removes it):

Eastman%20IG_zpssg5cgi0c.jpg

Please note the hashtags “#falseflag” and “#georgebush”. These hashtags refer to the conspiracy theory that George Bush and the US Government orchestrated 9/11, and murdered thousands of Americans, then blamed it on Al Qaeda in order to justify the war on terrorism. Thus, Eastman is espousing this theory on its IG page. In response, @pawineguy posted: “I hope you're not calling 9/11 a false flag.” Eastman promptly blocked PWG and posted: "@pawineguy #cognitivedissonance".

Eastman’s post also includes the hashtags “#eastmanleather” and “#elmc”. Thus, Eastman is using its false flag conspiracy theory that George Bush and the US Government orchestrated 9/11, and murdered thousands of Americans, to promote and sell Eastman and ELMC jackets. Ironically, Eastman jackets are primarily repros of US military jackets.

IMHO, Eastman’s conduct is despicable, and I personally will never buy an Eastman jacket.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Why would someone think it's a good idea to use such a strongly debatable subject as advertising?
That's the best way to lose potential clients in no time...

You do need to be sure it's him and approved by him before going on a crusade though, for all we know it could be an intern in charge of the IG account.

pawineguy

One Too Many
For those who don't follow Instagram or Twitter, the hashtags draw people to your posts as they can search for those specific terms. Thus, Eastman is looking to attract those who ascribe to the various false flag theories. Tagging George Bush would indicate 9/11 being an inside job. The same group of people also believe that Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon bombing were perpetrated by the US government. Keep in mind that this is not his personal account, it is the account of the company, and he also tagged ELMC in the same line. I was about to add the hashtag #boycotteastmanleather, but he blocked my account at that point.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Why would someone think it's a good idea to use such a strongly debatable subject as advertising?
That's the best way to lose potential clients in no time...

I'm not sure about in Europe Carlos, but in the U.S. there is only a very very small few on the fringe who are debating whether our government actually bombed the World Trade Center.

Editing to remove the term "lunatic" from the above sentence.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure about in Europe Carlos, but in the U.S. there is only a very very small few on the lunatic fringe who are debating whether our government actually bombed the World Trade Center.

I don't think you have to be a lunatic to believe that, and i do think that view is probably far more acceptable and accepted in Europe, or at least outside of the USA
Either way, this isn't a discussion i want to get into.

I do think it is a very bad idea to use something like that as advertising though.
Strange move by ELC...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What is flabbergasting is that people actually think that the US govt (or almost any govt) is actually organised and capable enough to pull off something this big and for the most part keep it secret...for god sake, Clinton couldn't even keep it quiet that he shagged Lewinsky.

People that believe the conspiracy are giving them a hell of a lot more credit than they deserve.

I don't care to get involved but I'm with Carlos here; what's truly flabbergasting to me is the fact that they chose to directly insulted their potential customer (PG), of which there is no abundance of. I mean, I'm fairly convinced that only people interested in their jackets view their social network stuff so...

Maybe they're simply swamped with the new J-100 repro orders and this seemed like the best idea to get things under control? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran