Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easy Virtue

Opas Coat

Familiar Face
My girl friend and I just finished watching it together and I must say I am amazed. I thought it would have been an outright chick flick but it wasn't. It takes place in between the first and second world war rural England. It is about a not so rich any more English young man brings home his new American race car driving wife. Off the bad his mother hates her for all of the reasons imaginable. The plot thickens though the film as they battle it out to the bitter end. The movie is complete with "bouncy" period-esque music, witty quick jokes and much more.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie but especially all members of the FL, I think that we might get in to it a little more than others.

sportell

New in Town
This was a cute film. I really love that it had Colin Firth in it. He was great as usual. However, this film is a remake of a silent film from the 20s. The ending is a little different and goes more for the happy ending we need today. So check out the original too if you can. It even more expresses the times in which it is set.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Exactly my reaction. We ran it last year, and it was quite successful -- but a lot of people saw "from the play by Noel Coward" on the credits and expected it to be a lot more fun and frothy than it actually turned out to be. Biel was indeed the weak link -- she came across like she'd been dropped off by some passing teen flick. Firth, however, was excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran