Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay auction - thoughts?

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Here's a size 7 (slightly too small for me) stetson hat that's on ebay. It looks like a nice hat, has the ever-sought-after mode edge on it, but was 3X back then considered good quality? I know that the X system is a derailed train at this point in time.

Ebay Auction

Sincerely,
Rob

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
No expert, but...

My impression, based on what I've picked up here, is that the X system may have already been wobbly in the 50's. That said, it's a beaver Fifteen (assuming the description is accurate) and the pics seems to suggest a nice soft hat. I may not be the most knowledgable, but if it was my size, I'd hit the Buy it Now button! It looks like a fantastic deal to me.

Victor

One of the Regulars
I would buy it. I have two Stetson 3x hats from that era and I love the felt and workmanship. They are among my favorite hats. Price looks good too so far

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Is that a bandwagon going by?

'Cause I'm jumping on it, too.

Though well off my size, I think it's a killer hat, a great color, and the 'buy it now' price is quite fair. Worse hats go for more. I saw it when posted, and said "whooooooa." 3X not withstanding, this is a fine felt fedora.

The question is how comfortable you are jimmying the size. Heck, you'd probably have to do something with it, even if it was your size (7 1/8?). Out of my last dozen 7 1/4s with size tags or reorder labels, I've had to fiddle with stretcher or spacers with more than half of them. One rested on my ears; another perched like a beanie (both Adams, BTW).

Here's the other point that's becoming increasingly apparent. You can always sell it, and most likely for more. To my eye and wallet, the market has moved up over the last 10-12 months. You can't lose.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Buy The Hat/Have Fun!!!!

The worse Ebay thing you can do is sit around thinking about doing a "Buy it Now", its affordable, you want it , you need it, you can't live without it. Peter :drum: "You Bought It" ?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy