Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I almost jumped in on the Misto action but since I picked up 2 hats and scored 2 more this weekend my lightweight wallet KO'd my heavyweight desire.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
$15 shipped for a hat that you want is something I've yet to experience. Well done :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't remember the transition dates discussed in the Dating Stetsons by Liner thread, but iirc 40s into the early 50s seems right.

I did not expect to win this, especially as I think my maximum bid was only a dollar or two more.

It's not in perfect condition but, then again, neither am I.

mirror_zps0dac5a0c.jpg

mirror2_zpsdb1e6196.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
For all the style they have, I've never found a Portis for myself.

Quite a few nice hats sold between yesterday and today, but this Melton was my favorite.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Right Vic a 60's Milan I have one similar. Many hat shops purchased this hat and put their name on them.
I wear Milan's alot in the summer as I like the stiffer brim of them against the Panama. Plus they let more air into cool the dome.:)

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Last night my heart was pounding heavy as I was watching these three auctions. I won all three at much cheaper prices than I thought I would get

This one only went to $113:
T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8G5iBRMpCCew60_57_zps161da1aa.jpg

This one only went to $75. The netting is in pristine condition with no tears whatsover as is the hat itself. This is from the same seller as the first hat:
T2eC16RcE9s4PtHh3BRMrbf0W3g60_57_zps004f7531.jpg

This went to $150, I was expecting this and the first hat to reach closer to the $200s if not well over that, so I got lucky:

KGrHqJHJEEFElHOIIFBRNk1z9JQ60_57_zps9bb6c04a.jpg

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Question for the Loungers:

I notice that Ebay has now put Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and email chiclets in every auction so that people can share the pictures and the auction on these social media sites. Well this means more exposure to the auction and in some cases could mean more bidders. Has anybody noticed increased competition on hats since these social media chiclets have been added to auctions? I have not but I noticed when I was browsing Pinterest I saw 2 pins of vintage hats that I won some time ago and couldn't help but wonder if this is going to mean more competition in the future which would lead to higher prices. This is good for sellers of course but not for bidders looking for bargains, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn