Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The second one is a Shooting Hat (Schützenhut). They are worn by members of German shooting clubs and very common. This isn't the normal feather. They usually have a rooster feather (Spielhahnfeder) on the snap side (see below). I am not sure who the maker is. Is there a paper label behind the sweatband? My guess would be 1960s maybe 70s.

wegener-sch_00FC_tzenfest-hut-feder-gr_00FC_n.jpg

THANKS!

I knew I could count on you!

When in arrives I will be able to examine it in more detail & determine if it is indeed fur felt. I figured it to be a shooter's hat what with the pined-up left brim. I sure hope it fits, it's purty!

John Galt

Vendor
Just purchased this chestnut brown Dobbs Double Life on an eBay competitor website at a pretty nice price. These photos are not impressive, but the hats themselves are quite amazing. I'll also post a few photos of my black one as an example of their versatility:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370728933.270514.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370728948.204441.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370728957.937429.jpg

Action photos to follow:

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
thankfully was up early to pull the trigger on this, to complete my basic collection, not sure on age but haven't seen many with the wooden handles
$T2eC16NHJGYFFkvsIle3BRpv9zWr6!~~60_57.JPG

Looking forward to receiving it!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Any idea how old this hat is? I've just won it for 11 Euros. Seller says the crown is 5" and the brim 2.5".

$(KGrHqN,!o0FEJ)t812cBRp06-dJ8g~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!r!FGUR+BKS(BRp07HmLc!~~60_57.JPG

No better pics for now. Color is supposed to be a dark brown.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
No, it's all I have. These are the auction pics. I figured as long as I get it for a song there's not much risk even if it is junk.

Rick Blaine

One more recent acquisition Milan OR

Just in time for summer.
I am hoping Milan takes a stretch better than a brisa would. Anyone experience successful Milan straw stretching? Any tips?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Both are very nice, the second in particular catches my eye. Very interesting design.

I must also concur with this statement :eusa_clap
Very Nice Caramel Smoothie

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Thanks Gentleman. I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog showcasing my hats for the past several years. Recently, I have been giving it some serious thought and researching the best way to do it. I have even registered two domain names that I am trying to decide which would be the best name. Soon, the world may have access to Caramelsmoothie's hat closet!

Rick Blaine

Thanks Gentleman. I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog showcasing my hats for the past several years. Recently, I have been giving it some serious thought and researching the best way to do it. I have even registered two domain names that I am trying to decide which would be the best name. Soon, the world may have access to Caramelsmoothie's hat closet!

GREAT idea!
I think we are all frustrated museum curators... uh, excepting those of us who are employed as museum curators, that is. :p

Last edited:

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Thanks for the support you guys! Right now, I am in the research phase. I have a lot of things on my plate right now so it will be slow going initially..just researching the ins and outs of what would be required to start a blog that could generate the most attention. I feel that with my HUGE inventory of 1920s and 1930s hats that no one else in the world has, a blog could be a very fun thing to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav