Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Wil Tam

Practically Family
My 1st Towncraft western

white hat with thin ribbon .. I'm definitely going to rebash this lid into a fedora ;)

f68d_1.JPG
30e7_1.JPG
0afd_1.JPG

Do you guys thinks I overpaid for this OR clone?

----------------
Now playing: Nina Simone - The Pusher
via FoxyTunes

ET

One of the Regulars
Well ya outbid me so obviously you overpaid lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBH
You did fine!!
Be sure to show us a shot of it on!

Good Buy! I'm looing forward to seeing this one on your noggin.

Enjoy it!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Ha Ha Ha... That was you?

ET said:
Well ya outbid me so obviously you overpaid lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBH
You did fine!!
Be sure to show us a shot of it on!

Good Buy! I'm looing forward to seeing this one on your noggin.

Enjoy it!

Thanks for the input everyone .. I'll post pics of once I receive it!

----------------
Now playing: Nina Simone - I Shall Be Released
via FoxyTunes

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here's another stylish Portis in 7 1/8. While the seller stated that there is no moth damage to the hat, it looks as though there might be some right around the break.
6337_1.JPG
15e4_1.JPG

The seller wrote that the hat is the same one worn by his/her grandfather in this 1946 photo.
da73_1.JPG

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Did you get that Portis? I was watching it,I forgot to check on it and it ended before I made up my mind to go for it.Oh well....too many boxes coming to me.......... my mailman hates me.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nope. Unless I post photos of myself jumping for joy, the auctions I post here should be filed under "items of interest" and "I wish I had a smaller head". :p

Wil Tam

Practically Family
man too bad

Lefty said:
Here's another stylish Portis in 7 1/8. While the seller stated that there is no moth damage to the hat, it looks as though there might be some right around the break.
6337_1.JPG
15e4_1.JPG

The seller wrote that the hat is the same one worn by his/her grandfather in this 1946 photo.
da73_1.JPG

it was a nice one

I figure it would be someone on here that would snag this beauty, I was going to but it just went to high in the last moments!

----------------
Now playing: Nina Simone - Angel Of The Morning
via FoxyTunes

MattJH

One Too Many
I liked this stingy-brimmed black Cushion-Aire Knox in 7 5/8 with the octagonal yellow Knox hatbox, but not enough to bid on it. Still, it went for only $30.00, which is almost half of what they usually go for. The box alone sometimes goes for $15 or so.

citRon

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
6337_1.JPG
15e4_1.JPG

da73_1.JPG

I wanted this one BAD!! I just could not get away with buying another brown hat though, and I spent my current hat budget on a Stylemaster.

MattJH

One Too Many
Somebody just won this very nice Stetson Sovereign in what appears to be a 7 3/4 size.

I would've bid higher, but I just won this 7 1/2 Stetson Playboy that appears to be unworn for the unbelievable cost of $60.00 shipped! Even though the seller says it's not a 7 1/2, all of his measurements, and the ID tag, says that it is. I plan to stretch it to a 7 5/8 since I've given up trying to find one in that size and this one is too remarkable and cheap to pass on:

6e86_1.JPG

6f9d_1.JPG

randooch

I'll Lock Up
What a steal!

Dumbjaw said:
Somebody just won this very nice Stetson Sovereign in what appears to be a 7 3/4 size.

I would've bid higher, but I just won this 7 1/2 Stetson Playboy that appears to be unworn for the unbelievable cost of $60.00 shipped! Even though the seller says it's not a 7 1/2, all of his measurements, and the ID tag, says that it is. I plan to stretch it to a 7 5/8 since I've given up trying to find one in that size and this one is too remarkable and cheap to pass on:

6e86_1.JPG

6f9d_1.JPG

It might be fun to start a thread that shows hats with the wind trolleys engaged, actually unwound and buttoned into place. Hard to even imagine the look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn