Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Picked up this 7 1/2 #52 Dobbs hat block from the bay. A little resin to fill in those cracks and it should be good to go.

View attachment 8649

That one's been on eBay before a few years ago. Just a quick note, it's not really a Dobbs (HCA) block, it just had the misfortune to have a mid-'30s to early-'40s Dobbs Cross Country blocked on it at some point in its life, and the printed crest in the linerless crown tranferred to the block. It's a very desirable block in a larger size, so great find!

Brad

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
That one's been on eBay before a few years ago. Just a quick note, it's not really a Dobbs (HCA) block, it just had the misfortune to have a mid-'30s to early-'40s Dobbs Cross Country blocked on it at some point in its life, and the printed crest in the linerless crown tranferred to the block. It's a very desirable block in a larger size, so great find!

Brad

Awesome, good to know Brad! The logo adds to the character, so after I'm done with it it'll make a great display piece. Thanks for the info!

I also snagged a #51 in a rather meaty 7 5/8 LO with a 6 1/2" crown the other day on the bay. I always assumed 6" was as high as fedoras generally went, so I'm guessing it may be a western block?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Felt fan, that is a beautiful Mallory. I hope to see some noggin shots

A few days back I won a Mallory sportabout for $15 total.

py3yqy7a.jpg

neta8u4a.jpg

gy7y3aga.jpg

2amavu5u.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I bid on that Stetson hat but I had a feeling it would end up going at a very high price. There aren't that many hats from the 1920's out there anymore.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Felt fan, that is a beautiful Mallory. I hope to see some noggin shots

A few days back I won a Mallory sportabout for $15 total.

Love the 30s-looking interior of your Mallory. Hoping you can pick and brush a lot of those
moth bites away. I love old Mallorys.

We'll see about the noggin shots. Hoping I like how I look in this bowler. Some can pull it
off better than others. I usually just get Laurel and Hardy jokes.

buler

I'll Lock Up
I didn't win that one, but I did win this Mallory Clear Nutria of a similar vintage, in what they claim is 7 5/8:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Clear-Nutria-Bowler-Hat-Excellent-Condition-/281244953459

Yeah, I know fedoras go for more, but I sure am interested in seeing a clear nutria bowler.
I sure hope it is actually that large.

Hope it fits you feltfan. Please do a pictorial in the Mallory thread when you get it! I'm still trying to find a nice E.A. Mallory marked hat for my collection.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael