Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Not even close IMHO.

Thanks. That's what I suspected. I have a western 7x clear beaver from early 50s and it is truly a special hat. Now if only I can get my hands on an OR 7x CB then I will be in hat heaven. I have never handled a 100 from that era, but I cannot imagine how it could be much better than the 7x CB.

If you can find a 100 from the early 1950s it would be an interesting comparison. The 100s I have owned are beautifully made hats but display the stiffness of the late 1950s-1960s Stetson era. I would guess the 7XCB from this era would be similar in character. I'm not sure exactly when the Stetson 100 made it's debut, but is easier to procure an earlier 7XCB with the softness and flexibility (and absence of plastic tip liner) that I prefer, hence the 7XCB gets my nod as the better choice.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I had to laugh at this as there is the picture of the the Elkhorn i bought from them when i was in my Twenties i wore that hat for 15 years unit i replaced it with another Stagecoach in the mid eighties and still have it today.

I've see one or another of those Elkhorn on ebay. But I loved the Stagecoach with that wide ribbon so I got it.

A Holy Grail hat for me, vintage white Stetson:
IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
That white hat is striking.
I've lately taken to lighter-colored hats.
Perry is that an "Open Road" model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass