Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

kiltie

Practically Family
Playboy

I got that Playboy a coupla posts up. When I first joined, or maybe even during my lurking days, I saw one on DOUGLAS and along with the Open Roads and their ilk, it instantly became one of my favorites. There, to my recollection, have only been a handful of others listed in my size in the past year, and always going to the near $100 mark. I think the relatively poor listing of this one really gave me the opportunity for a reasonable bid. I hope, hope, hope this one is in good shape. I'm pretty excited, as this gets me down to two hats that I really need to have, then everything else will be gravy lol lol lol ...yeah, right!

nickn5

One of the Regulars
kiltie said:
as this gets me down to two hats that I really need to have, then everything else will be gravy lol lol lol ...yeah, right!

I'm intrigued to know what those two elusive hats might be... :D

N. :)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
kiltie said:
I got that Playboy a coupla posts up.

Congrats, Kiltie!

You got lucky on that one in more ways than one. I didn't have a sniper set, pulled it up and decided to bid on it the last minute. Unfortunately, that never works out well for me as I have HughesNet (satellite) internet access, which often lags quite a bit. A minute to go I decide to bid, plug it in and hit the button... and over a minute later it's still deciding what to do about it. :eusa_doh: :rage:

This is why I almost always use a sniper!:D

Anyway, it looked like a very sweet hat. I'm sure you'll love it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Thank goodness for Ebay sellers who don't describe their items properly lol ... this is a very cheap Stetson Whippet (I asked the seller what make it was), haven't a clue what size it is but I figured it should be rescued, and if necessary and not my size, passed on to someone here who appreciates these things on better looking heads than Mr Krueger's:

9a81_1.JPG

The image on the right was supposedly to show how close a match this hat is for a Freddy hat :eusa_doh:

Item title in listing: Freddy Krueger Part 1 Fedora Whippet :eusa_doh:

I await with bated breath to see whether I made a massive mistake or got away with it... :D

kiltie

Practically Family
nickn5 said:
Thank goodness for Ebay sellers who don't describe their items properly lol ... this is a very cheap Stetson Whippet (I asked the seller what make it was), haven't a clue what size it is but I figured it should be rescued, and if necessary and not my size, passed on to someone here who appreciates these things on better looking heads than Mr Krueger's:

9a81_1.JPG

The image on the right was supposedly to show how close a match this hat is for a Freddy hat :eusa_doh:

Item title in listing: Freddy Krueger Part 1 Fedora Whippet :eusa_doh:

I await with bated breath to see whether I made a massive mistake or got away with it... :D

Holy toilet bowl!!! How did you even come up with that?!?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
kiltie said:
I hope, hope, hope this one is in good shape.

Kiltie -- it looks to be in excellent shape, and a great color to boot! I also think that getting an unlined version is a plus. You done great! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

kiltie

Practically Family
Thanks for encouraging words, JtL. And yes, I'm happy to have it unlined. When I refurbed my Knox Twenty, I thought about leaving it unlined, due to the Tx. climate, but opted to just have the lining stuffed in. I think this one will hit the spot for upcoming spring evenings.

nickn5

One of the Regulars
kiltie said:
Holy toilet bowl!!! How did you even come up with that?!?

Heh, good question, I'm still not too sure myself, especially as I normally ignore anything looking like a cinematic/theatrical prop. Must be the mythical Power of The Lounge that guided me in...

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mallory for me

Just won this on Thursday. I have my grey/blue, now this charcoal, and I'm working on a brown. Then I should be done (yeah right). Color is supposed to me closer to the underside of the brim in the lining pic.

B

3297865457_077763cd8b_o.jpg

3298697574_3e7fb3c0dc_o.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
suitedcboy said:
Way to go Billy! No parcel post tariffs, no VAT, just good old fashioned hat bargain!
Can't wait to see the bash and brim customizing you'll do. Pics please.
:arated: That's the way to do it.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I thought that might be you Jimmy. I own one that I believe was produced right in front of yours #39657. You won't be sorry on this purchase, that one looks mint. Congrats. TLH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW