Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Me too. I want to see the head of the guy that bought it.

Here you go. :eeek::D

mr-medulla.jpg

Roger

fashion frank

One Too Many
Glad I'm Not Alone

I do the same wait till those last seconds. but do put the item on the watch list or leave it in a open tab. I got so good Ebay sent a message to ask me if i was using sniping program(this was after winning 3 out 4 bids mast with in seconds apart ) I said nope just 3 laptops and a tablet and lots of focuses to guess my one bid. I some how don't think they believe me. Oh well .

To me i know there those who put in that highest bid but the game is to think"what is their limit?"
Biding one more than one item at one time with few seconds is very crazy but it is rush when you win.
l

So glad you posted ! I do the same thing I can have two or three bids for different items from the same seller all going off at the same time and I use an I pad, a smart phone and a computer and there have been times when I've won all of them at once. I didnt want to say how I got some sniped items that way but since you also mention it there you go .

Also I have gotten the same responce from Ebay they could not understand how I won so many bids without even using a snip program .

I'ts kinda funny because I also sell stuff on free bay but they never seem to be too interested in that ,just how I manage to win so many bids and I even think I might be annoying them because I'm "cutting off " the price from going even higher sometimes !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Someone (not me) picked up a very nice 20's/30's Stetson in my favorite color combo....Tan felt with light brown ribbon

Not sure how the seller knew it was a 7 1/4 though....no measurements are listed and the tag wasn't photographed or mentioned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLICK-ANTIQUE-TAN-STETSON-BOWLER-DERBY-HAT-7-1-4-/191716645521?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=FAp9wy47bOILL35KO%252BJYFqe%252BE10%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I've been watching that one

I wanted to bid badly but with other hats in my plans it just didn't fit in the budget

nice hat for sure

I'm not sure the seller had any idea what they had there

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
The photos are terrible and the felts look stained, I REALLY wanted to bite on these but way too much uncertainty

I did contact the seller and ask for better pics, she said that the sweat stamps on both OR's were too worn down to get good pics and one was missing size tags. She wrote that both OR's were 4X beaver, the one with tags had a long oval tag. The Western had a 4 color last drop liner, so no older than 70's, and the OR's not being 3X like my 60's one but 4X led me to believe that they were later as well.
Still, if one didn't mind giving a naptha bath, it's 2 ORs for 37.50 each and a free western to play with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou