Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I picked up a, what looks like, nice Rittenhouse fedora on the Bay today. I have not heard of this brand nor can I find any info online. It has been mentioned a few times here in the Lounge but nothing else comes up on a search. There have been a few listed online over the years on vintage sites but seem pretty scarce. The ones listed are from the 40's. I will give a report once I have received it. I may have scored a good one or???

rogerstg

A-List Customer
I just got this olive green Champ off the bay. Two people asked for a brim measurement and twice the seller answered that it was 2 1/2 inches.
Well, the brim is between 2 1/8 and 2 1/4. What would you do? It's a nice hat. Am I nitpicking?

1f9c9098017e7ba928abab0afde21dcc.jpg
c383b6720876646ab4c63a7634be000d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember passing on bidding because the brim was wider than I like. 2 to 2 3/8 is my favored size. It ended up selling for more than I was interested in paying anyway. Though IME, there was probably more interest since it was advertised as a 2.5" brim rather than a 2.25" brim.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Those 100s are very generously sized! I'd probably trade my size 7 for 6 7/8 of the same condition if I could.

Yes they are. I had a 71/8 which was large for me (I can usually wear 7 or 71/8) so a 7 would be interesting.

The hat in the auction is a newer 100 so not something I'd bid on.

tommyK

One Too Many
Congrats on that Playboy, Anthony! Can't wait to see it on you.

The Vita Felt no liner Playboy is a dream hat for me too. I'm afraid of what I might be willing to pay for one!

It's also the kind of hat that makes you sweat worrying about it getting to you safe and sound.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on that Playboy, Anthony! Can't wait to see it on you.

The Vita Felt no liner Playboy is a dream hat for me too. I'm afraid of what I might be willing to pay for one!

It's also the kind of hat that makes you sweat worrying about it getting to you safe and sound.

indeed Tommy ... indeed

tommyK

One Too Many
I used to worry up until the day the tracking number said it was "out for delivery". Then I'd check the porch about every half hour. I even worry at this stage now as a hat was recently delivered to the wrong address! Went to "Pine St" instead of "Vine St". This has happened with other mail but never a package. No worse feeling than the tracking saying the package was "delivered" and there is nothing on your porch!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I used to worry up until the day the tracking number said it was "out for delivery". Then I'd check the porch about every half hour. I even worry at this stage now as a hat was recently delivered to the wrong address! Went to "Pine St" instead of "Vine St". This has happened with other mail but never a package. No worse feeling than the tracking saying the package was "delivered" and there is nothing on your porch!

which has happened to me

tracking said "delivered" and it was not on my porch ... so I chased down the mailman in my car ... he said it was not on his truck and he did not remember taking it from the office .
I go to the post office and they tell me that it is on his truck ... I tell them I just talked to him.

they take my cell number and say they will call if it "turns up"

naturally I'm getting a little upset

as I am slowly driving my neighborhood looking on peoples porches I get a call from Ziggy at the post office and he says it was there the whole time

yes I am a crazy person

I've also gone to check tracking to find a big red exclamation mark with some word next to it that I cannot remember at the moment

I call and ask what it means and they tell me that it means the shipment is frozen for some reason ...when they look further into it it seems that they have my home address as some sort of business that won't accept the package or something crazy like that

a few hours later it ends up on my porch ...

wtf?

I envy people who pay no attention to tracking

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Moon if you remember that's what happened to the Knox I bought from you. Tracking said "delivered" and there was nada. They too it to the office of the apartments I was living at at the time but the delivery notice said "left in mailbox" not "left in office".

My name is Roger and I suffer from hat tracking anxiety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou