Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
While I certainly agree that all it takes on anything--no matter what the item is--is two people going nuts to "win" in a bidding war, it is absurd to pretend that size doesn't matter in vintage hat sales. How many times have you seen a 6-7/8 Stratoliner go for $50 and a 7-7/8 Strat in the same condition go for over $300?

Anyway, I had to laugh today because here is an actual photo one ebay seller is using to sell a hat... now remember, this is the real photo he posted... I did nothing to it...
View attachment 46275
Looks very "plush."

rclark

Call Me a Cab
That stetsonian is bonkers bro .... What else you score ?
I got the Adam and Pilgrim from Adrian. I have been looking for an Adam for a while and the Pilgrim was too sweet to pass up. But I'm really pumped about that Stetsonian as well. Ok it's official. Time to start listing some hats to sell to make room for the new additions!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I had an eye on those as well .... So sweet
But I'm a sucker for those strats ... and I promised myself I would only bid on one hat tonight :D

Great scores Rick ... Looking forward to seeing them on you

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I had an eye on those as well .... So sweet
But I'm a sucker for those strats ... and I promised myself I would only bid on one hat tonight :D

Great scores Rick ... Looking forward to seeing them on you
Thanks Anthony! I gotta cut back some. But it was just too painful to let those go!

Good job(s), gentlemen! Adrian picks up and sells some fine lids! You're gonna love the Adam, rclark. That is a fine looking Strat clone. I was hoping the sweatband would scare off some folks and keep the Premiere lower, but alas...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Good job(s), gentlemen! Adrian picks up and sells some fine lids! You're gonna love the Adam, rclark. That is a fine looking Strat clone. I was hoping the sweatband would scare off some folks and keep the Premiere lower, but alas...

Adrian gets really great pieces ... and he is super honest
everything I have received from him is top notch.

I do wonder where he gets all these great pieces ... I know he runs a drama department at a school I believe ... wardrobe companies always randomly get old hats donated to them.

... that actually just reminded me ... directly under the music school I work at is a big costume rental company called C&J costumes that rents costumes to all the big school productions and to local play houses ... I should go down there

I do wonder where he gets all these great pieces ... I know he runs a drama department at a school I believe ... wardrobe companies always randomly get old hats donated to them.

... that actually just reminded me ... directly under the music school I work at is a big costume rental company called C&J costumes that rents costumes to all the big school productions and to local play houses ... I should go down there

Yes, yes you should.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Ya see? You're back on the street already! ;)

Mm25

One Too Many
So did everyone suddenly get their tax refunds?
Everything I was watching got legs and took off to big dollar-ville.
Is it a sellers market now?
Your thoughts?

A little big for you isn't it ;)

I checked it out last week and was thinking about it for the sweatband alone.

A gamble. The sellers measurement is 22 1/4 which will fit if he measured good. The 7 3/8 was a guess, I think from the other hat he picked up at the same yard sale. The two are easily a generation apart. That listed size killed me on the cost though.

I love the sweat too. Can picture the air swirling through those undulations like the wind in the canyons in New Mexico.

There are only three pages in the dedicated Wormser thread and nothing that I find prior to WWII.

wormser1.jpg

wormser3.jpg

wormser2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou