Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
Ummm, amazing, but a bit of a wedding hat maybe? Perfect for "the big day" or your divorce celebration, but not an everyday sort of a lid. Nevertheless a remarkable find and mouthwatering to think of the other beauties that are out there at the back of the hat cupboard or in forgotten deadstock.

For those of you with a US 7 1/8, true 22 1/2 inch fit and who are ready to adapt a very snappable, bashable brand new deadstock Borsa beauty I know where this one is lurking. I have just bought a 7 5/8 from her and converted it to the fedora a few posts back. She's a great person to deal with too. I don't think I'm alowed to post the live ebay link, but contact me and I'll tell you.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
That Dobbs was a cracker Michael R, why such a bargain? I feel rather sorry for Leathergirl. But that said, her loss was someone's gain and I too hope it was one of the Bretherin who won the bidding. I'd love to see that one as a fedora = it could easily be reversed to a hommie again.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe a Dobbs Hommie in that condition and size ,plus the box would go for $57 plus shipping , that's amazing to me . It was Beautiful . I won a 4X Steston Rancher for way more , plus a Hat that I may or may not receive , other than eBay . The guy received the money , but hasn't sent it , yet , but things happen , he did let me know he hasn't forgotten me . His daughter is sick and had to go to the hospital he said , so I'll trust him until I don't , and forgive him if he doesn't . But ... I hope he does .

Its weird that some sell super high , unbelievably so , and others are real buys , treasures that I guess guys can believe its even possible . That Hommie was SWEET !

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe a Dobbs Hommie in that condition and size ,plus the box would go for $57 plus shipping , that's amazing to me . It was Beautiful . I won a 4X Steston Rancher for way more , plus a Hat that I may or may not receive , other than eBay . The guy received the money , but hasn't sent it , yet , but things happen , he did let me know he hasn't forgotten me . His daughter is sick and had to go to the hospital he said , so I'll trust him until I don't , and forgive him if he doesn't . But ... I hope he does .

Its weird that some sell super high , unbelievably so , and others are real buys , treasures that I guess guys can believe its even possible . That Hommie was SWEET !
With all due respect, she did confine her offer to members of a rather exclusive "club" ;)

Many Americans may not notice, but quite a number of eBay sellers will only ship to the US. That excludes more than 90% of the World's population from bidding. That's a pretty efficient way to keep competition and prices low - even though many of the 90% lack interest and/or finances.

A more open shipping strategy could have resulted in a higher price. I saw the listing and would have bid, if she shipped to Europe. Sometimes I buy through American friends, but I restrict myself to only ask for help, when I really want a specific hat :)

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
With all due respect, she did confine her offer to members of a rather exclusive "club" ;)

Many Americans may not notice, but quite a number of eBay sellers will only ship to the US. That excludes more than 90% of the World's population from bidding. That's a pretty efficient way to keep competition and prices low - even though many of the 90% lack interest and/or finances.

A more open shipping strategy could have resulted in a higher price. I saw the listing and would have bid, if she shipped to Europe. Sometimes I buy through American friends, but I restrict myself to only ask for help, when I really want a specific hat :)

That often happens, and here in Europe too. However, I find that contacting the seller in their own language with a friendly polite "would you be able to consider my bid...?, If not I understand and wish you luck with the bidding" almost always get's a positive reply.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
That often happens, and here in Europe too. However, I find that contacting the seller in their own language with a friendly polite "would you be able to consider my bid...?, If not I understand and wish you luck with the bidding" almost always get's a positive reply.
I'm afraid, that's not my experience. It has happened to me, but so rarely, that I no longer ask. I prefer to avoid too many disappointments.

buler

I'll Lock Up

Interesting hat. Only the 3rd (if my memory serves me) wide ribbon, dress 100 I've seen.

Took some digging thru threads to find this. A dress Stetson 100 in tan posted by jonbuilder.

jonbuilder_stetson_100_dress.jpg

B

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
is anyone else experiencing a change in your eBay search ?

I'm typing in the same searches I have for years and they come up with the ....0 results found so we searched these categories.... prompt

what in the world is going on ?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Mine was fine the other evening , but I heard someone else say their's was acting weird . My youtube and a couple of others are . I tried sending an email with a video several ways and the mailer rejected all of them . What's going on ?

g.durand

One Too Many
They recently changed the way listings are categorized. The search functions are clunkier and don't seem to pull up all the results you were able to get in the past. I noticed that certain items did not appear in the old categories (hats I had for sale).

They do this from time to time. I complained about it once some years ago and they assured me they had made the changes based on their research about how people searched and found items. I responded by telling them things weren't working as well as before.

No response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
They recently changed the way listings are categorized. The search functions are clunkier and don't seem to pull up all the results you were able to get in the past. I noticed that certain items did not appear in the old categories (hats I had for sale).

They do this from time to time. I complained about it once some years ago and they assured me they had made the changes based on their research about how people searched and found items. I responded by telling them things weren't working as well as before.

No response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it ... seems way more complicated than I'm willing to deal with

I've had the same searches saved in my ebay memory for years ... now all of the sudden they bring up nothing I am looking for

way to make things "better" eBay ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy