Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Knox Premier 7 3/8
IMG_0737-1.jpg

IMG_0724-1.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DoctorJ said:
Congrats!

I placed a bid on those at one point; I don't own a Cavanagh yet. I was hoping for that chance that everyone else might just forget. ;)

You know that section of your eBay homepage that tells you how much you spent this month? Well, I discovered it the other day, and let's just say it influenced my decision to bid any higher.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

I was bidding for the Panama just don't know enough with the pictures posted to bid higher. I know Cavanagh are nice hats but this one wasn’t my style
I also look forward to see more about this hats

randooch

I'll Lock Up

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Scott, There are some members who are hatters in the Pacific NW. Art Fawcett (OR) comes to mind. I believe there are one or two more located in WA.

Rick Blaine posted this in another thread a couple of years ago.

"A few:

North Valley Hat Co. in OR
Mike the Hatter in Ohio
Jimmy Pierce in Tx
Jackson Hole Hat Co. in WY
Worth & Worth in NYC
Arizona Hatters' in, uh, AZ
Peter Bros. in TX
... and lotsa others, I am sure. Google "hat repair" or "hat cleaning" or "Hat renovation" you will turn 'em up."

Also our very own TonyB in Olympia

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
This one is pretty great too.[/URL] I've never seen this liner, and that's a heck of a wide sweat.
db8c_1.JPG
e009_1.JPG

e287_1.JPG
657d_1.JPG

I tried bidding on this one at the last moment. When I did, I got back a message telling me that the next bid would go over the BIN amount and that I should go back and use the BIN. Odd. I wasn't anywhere near the BIN amount in my bid. When I looked back at it, the bidding had ended and was still showing the amount that was up when I bid. [huh]

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
I won this Knox. If I sniped anyone on here, I respectfully apologize. I hope this is nice and there are no surprises, since I am always skeptical of blurry pics.

You sniped me by three bucks. Nice win.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Gilgamark said:
You sniped me by three bucks. Nice win.
Thanks. Sorry 'bout that. The joke may be on me since most of the "fidora" pics were blurry. They probably photoshopped the moth nips out!!!

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Jabos said:
I won this Knox. If I sniped anyone on here, I respectfully apologize. I hope this is nice and there are no surprises, since I am always skeptical of blurry pics.

Congrats Jabos ! I too was watching this one and decided not to bid because it didn't look like it had a Cavanagh edge. I'll be curious how you like it when you get it.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
Thanks. Sorry 'bout that. The joke may be on me since most of the "fidora" pics were blurry. They probably photoshopped the moth nips out!!!

No prob. The seller has several other "fidoras" for sale. Picked them up at estate sales.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:

I tried bidding on this one at the last moment. When I did, I got back a message telling me that the next bid would go over the BIN amount and that I should go back and use the BIN. Odd. I wasn't anywhere near the BIN amount in my bid. When I looked back at it, the bidding had ended and was still showing the amount that was up when I bid. [huh]

I was the other bidder. They had some as yet unknown but probably near the "Buy it Now" reserve. Waiting to hear from the seller.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Just won this nice old boater tonight on eBay. If the seller's measurements are accurate, there's a chance it might fit - but fit is always a bit dicey with the stiffness of boaters. Cheap enough at 20 bucks to take the chance.

Boater1.jpg

Alas, it's another hat I won't actually get my hands on for awhile because the seller wouldn't ship to Canadia so I'm having it sent to my daughter in upstate NewYork whom I'll be visiting in early May. I've been looking a long time for just the right vintage boater. I can wait a little longer.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
Weekend eBay Wars

I reigned supreme for five days with the bid at $24.00 on this one, until the last few minutes when someone (I know it was one of you!!) tried to overthrow me.... but I sniped it back. :p Hey, Something had to go right for me this weekend.

243363894_tp.jpg
243364303_tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt