Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I do have a hat stretcher. It's a Hat Jack branded 2-way stretcher. It helps if your just trying to get a tad bit extra room. I find it useful in helping me transform a regular oval to a long oval. I've had it in a tight 7 1/8 for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that with time, the stretch will be permanent.
Thanks. I might try the expensive four way one. I’ll wait till I get the hat and see how bad it is.

Last edited:
Do I need this hat?
No.
Did I say I wouldn’t buy anymore hats for myself and only rarely buy more resell hats?
Yes.
Does this particular hat check all my boxes and push all my buttons and make me disregard all the silly promises I’ve made to myself?
Looks like it.

$195 plus shipping is more than I wanted to spend, but heck, I’ll sell one of my other gray or brown hats to make up the payout.
And really, it’s not actually considered buying another hat if you are merely buying one and selling one, right? :)

Can’t wait to hold it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3258441049...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY View attachment 551407

Despite the size, I came very close to buying this hat just do to the condition.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Do I need this hat?
No.
Did I say I wouldn’t buy anymore hats for myself and only rarely buy more resell hats?
Yes.
Does this particular hat check all my boxes and push all my buttons and make me disregard all the silly promises I’ve made to myself?
Looks like it.

$195 plus shipping is more than I wanted to spend, but heck, I’ll sell one of my other gray or brown hats to make up the payout.
And really, it’s not actually considered buying another hat if you are merely buying one and selling one, right? :)

Can’t wait to hold it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3258441049...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY View attachment 551407
Gorgeous Mallory. Wow!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Despite the size, I came very close to buying this hat just do to the condition.
It is in great condition!

I came close to buying the really sweet and rare black 40s Portis western with 3 1/2” bound brim and TAR that the same seller had at same price just minutes earlier than the Mallory. Did you see that one? A great hat, but I have too many too close to it hat style and color.

Just the other day, I was talking with @hambone71 about only shopping for grail hats anymore (especially since I just spent a few month’s hat budget on a Gannon). Lo and behold this one fell into my lap.

O.P.S era Knox 20 in bone - exactly what I’ve been looking for.

It is tagged one size too small but for less than $100 it’s close enough to take a gamble on.

The seller does take returns but it’s probably time I invested in a hat stretcher anyway.

Only downside is that now I’m waiting on two hats from the West Coast!

View attachment 551320
View attachment 551327
View attachment 551330
That’s a real beauty, Nathan.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Do I need this hat?
No.
Yes.
Looks like it.

Can’t wait to hold it!
I saw that one--if it had been my size I'd have jumped. Beautiful, congrats!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it is a PITA when the seller holds onto the hat a week before getting it shipped!

Thanks Blare. Now starts the game of "When is this item going to ship?" Two full days they could've mailed it, but nothing. Then you send a message and no reply. Then you think, "They're gonna cancel the sale - they've realized they undersold it." Such a theater! :D

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Yes, it is a PITA when the seller holds onto the hat a week before getting it shipped!
Honestly, this time I don't mind. I don't want this one coming at the same time as the Gannon - much better to stagger them.

It's more the not knowing. I've had great buys canceled by the sellers for various reasons so I'm always a little nervous until they ship or I at least hear from the seller.

Don’t think it will hit its estimated arrival of today being that it is showing in NH... but should arrive soon

IMG_4762.jpg
IMG_4761.jpg
IMG_4760.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg
IMG_4758.jpg
IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4756.jpeg

Thanks Randall. Yeah.. it took me probably less than a second to pull the trigger when I saw the BIN.

I have a 60s Disney short brim and a 50s wider brim Disney dress hat with gills. But something tells me if this unlined felt is anything like my unlined Lee (who probably made this) I will be quite happy. Love the sort of Playboy styling too!
Niiiice! A Disney. Took me forever to find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace