Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Nice Whippet....

Someone nabbed a very nice Whippet.....at a Ridiculous price.
I realize the size, but this hat looks to be in excellent shape.
I'm curious if it were anybody here? [huh]

265512685_tp.jpg

265512719_tp.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bolthead said:
Someone nabbed a very nice Whippet.....at a Ridiculous price.
I realize the size, but this hat looks to be in excellent shape.
I'm curious if it were anybody here? [huh]

265512685_tp.jpg

265512719_tp.jpg

That really looks like a nice Whippet. Wish it had been a bit bigger.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
A Top Hat that Fits my LO!

Won an ebay auction a couple weeks ago for an old Knox beaver top hat--the driving force behind my bidding was it described as a 7 3/8 Long Oval in the description. Having watched vintage top hats for quite some time, there are not too many of them around in the larger sizes in good condition and even less when it comes to Long Oval. My wife bought me a 7 3/8 for Christmas last year that is a beautiful hat, came with one of the nice leather travel cases, but it just didn't fit my LO noggin. Very tight front to back and even with stuffing stuff in the sides, I still had gaps. I picked up a 7 1/8 a month or two back which is in such good condition, I told my wife I might just put in her her glass display case, as I likened it to a museum piece. Sold another one I had come across (I think my wife is sick of the top hats at this point)...but when I saw this one, I had to take a chance. It finally arrived yesterday and it fits like a charm. In very good condition, too. Had to wear it to work today just because... :D

m000m000

One of the Regulars
That is probably the coolest hat box ever.

But yeah, it's like the seller didn't want people to find it - listing it under suitcases and spelling the name "CavanaUgh" - What is it with that anyway? I know I've seen several listings over time by different sellers that have been using the same misspelling, despite it being spelled out as Cavanagh on the very box or hat they've been trying to sell? [huh]

MattJH

One Too Many
m000m000 said:
I know I've seen several listings over time by different sellers that have been using the same misspelling, despite it being spelled out as Cavanagh on the very box or hat they've been trying to sell? [huh]

Every time I start trying to figure out the ridiculous things I see sellers type or do for their eBay auctions, my face begins to explode outwards, and I'm sincerely afraid that if I spend too long pondering it, my face will become a crater of exposed brains and vertebrae.

A few weeks ago I saw a seller auctioning off an obvious fur felt fedora and stating multiple times in the auction that the hat was made of leather, because the leather sweatband had "genuine leather" embossed on it.

Your face is already sore and bulging, isn't it?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Jabos said:
Is it common that a hat with a case like that is a 100? I thought about going for that one but boy, there wasn't much detail about the hat.

I've only seen Stetson and Cav 100s with that type of suitcase box. Of course, there's no guarantee that the hat in that auction started in that case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner