Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RESISTOL O.R. Clone for less than $30 delivered

RSISTOL_OR_CLONE.jpg

RESISTOL WESTERN COWBOY SELF CONFORMING HAT - 7 3/8"

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Old Raleigh Beaver fedora

I'm very surprised that this old fedora went so cheap. It looks to be old, in great shape, Cavanagh edge, and probably a nicer shade of grey than the photos indicate. I watched, but no patience to stretch another 7 1/8:

(I love the way these black background hats show up against the forum backdrop)

Raleigh Beaver 7 1/8

bae7_1.JPG

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
I'm very surprised that this old fedora went so cheap. It looks to be old, in great shape, Cavanagh edge, and probably a nicer shade of grey than the photos indicate. I watched, but no patience to stretch another 7 1/8:

(I love the way these black background hats show up against the forum backdrop)

Raleigh Beaver 7 1/8

bae7_1.JPG

Dang, that's a sharp one at an amazing price :mad: A derby bowler?:rage:

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
I was going to go after the "grey derby bowler" but had to consider how many purchases I have made in the last week. Considering the final price someone should be happy.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fu Manchu said:
Dewhurst posted a (perhaps) useful rundown here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=8225

I bought a Taiwanese straw in Taipei last year for about $30. They're still woven, but they're not easy to find. The weave quality was OK - nothing like a true panama or even a really well woven parabuntal. I'd be interested in seeing more details of this hat...

It looks a very rough version of thiswithout the tight weave.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
:) Thanks.

HarpPlayerGene said:
This is one of my favorite threads. Many of you contribute excellent posts but none more regularly than Lefty. Just stopping in to say thanks for that!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
This is one of my favorite threads. Many of you contribute excellent posts but none more regularly than Lefty. Just stopping in to say thanks for that!

And let me just add -- Lefty is singlehandedly responsible for turning this thread into a valuable encyclopedia of vintage hats by canvassing eBay for hats of all different makes, styles and sizes. So, even if a Lounger doesn't win a particular lid, it still finds a photographic home in this thread for our general edification and discussion. That takes quite a bit of time and energy, and it is most appreciated. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
:) Thanks again.

I don't save all of the photos, so if you want 'em, be sure to grab 'em while they're up. This encyclopedia self-destructs.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
And let me just add -- Lefty is singlehandedly responsible for turning this thread into a valuable encyclopedia of vintage hats by canvassing eBay for hats of all different makes, styles and sizes. So, even if a Lounger doesn't win a particular lid, it still finds a photographic home in this thread for our general edification and discussion. That takes quite a bit of time and energy, and it is most appreciated. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Certainly appreciated by new guys like me who have a ton to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters