Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
(Bartender, if this isn't OK, please delete it. I have no affiliation with the described auction.)

There's a certain hat with a supposed literary connection that's scheduled for a live auction from Cleveland tomorrow. It resembles a Stetson Boss Raw Edge. I personally had the chance to inspect this hat today.

Though the size is not listed in the auction, it can't be bigger than a 7 1/8, though it's possibly even smaller . The paper tag behind the sweat has faded to near pure white. The sweat is falling out and apart but, aside from one small moth nibble, the felt is in pretty good shape. The sweat is not marked with Boss Raw Edge but has the No. 1 Quality shield.

The ribbon looks as though someone has added a few stitches, but is in good shape.

carter

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
I do not see preverbal open road on the sweat. I pick this 7x clear beaver off ebay for about $60. Hat is in good condition shows wear no open road on the sweat. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250283569466&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

JB, That's an excellent price for a 7X Clear Beaver. You did well. It'll look great when you get it cleaned up!

Lefty said:
A Stetson 100 for our tiny-tops sold for really cheap. It came with a box that I've never seen outside of the one I got with my 7x.

Another great buy. Now to find those deals for big heads.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetion 100 @ $1,000 with reserve

Lefty said:
A Stetson 100 for our tiny-tops sold for really cheap. It came with a box that I've never seen outside of the one I got with my 7x.

I noticed a Stetson 100 on ebay with a starting price of $1000 with a reserve. The auction closed yesterday with no bids so I do want to post the auction link per the rules it still a non-closed auction. The auction does include a leather Samsonite case.

Rick Blaine

jonbuilder said:
I noticed a Stetson 100 on ebay with a starting price of $1000 with a reserve. The auction closed yesterday with no bids so I do want to post the auction link per the rules it still a non-closed auction. The auction does include a leather Samsonite case.

Yeah, I saw than one too... watta dink. To say nothing of the shipping; $79 from MD. to TN.?

carter

I'll Lock Up

GWD

One Too Many
Did the shipping scare you on this one?

I won this Disney after four messages with the seller about the shipping price. I couldn't get through to her that the shipping price to my house was $70.00!:eek: I finally got assurance from here that shipping would only be $13.00

3f82_1.JPG

From the picture it looks like a light weight felt.

bolthead

GWD said:
I won this Disney after four messages with the seller about the shipping price. I couldn't get through to her that the shipping price to my house was $70.00!:eek: I finally got assurance from here that shipping would only be $13.00

3f82_1.JPG

From the picture it looks like a light weight felt.
Looks like you got a great deal, nice lid. She's right up the road about an hour and 1/2 ride from me. :D

GWD

One Too Many
She just pulled the, "I didn't charge enough for shipping, I need more money" crap. Do me a favor and break her thumbs for me. :mad:

Stoney

Practically Family
I really dislike tactics like that. But.... What a great looking hat. I'm sure that you will be happy with it, provided that it is in as good of condition as the photo indicates. One never knows for sure until you have it in hand. Such are the chances you take on an e-bay hat. I hope you get luckier with the delivery and condition. If it is nice then it's a steal even with the $70.00 delivery charge.

AlanC

GWD said:
She just pulled the, "I didn't charge enough for shipping, I need more money" crap. Do me a favor and break her thumbs for me. :mad:

How much is she wanting? I'd torch her in feedback after you get the hat. Too nice of a hat to let go, though.

GWD

One Too Many
I think it's a honest mistake on her part, although I tried to explain to her that shipping should be around $25.00 to $30.00 before the end of the auction. She just doesn't have the experience with ebay. Before the end of auction she quoted me $12.45 so I bid on the hat and won. When I got the invoice shipping was $12.45 I paid within 12 hours of the end of auction. Suddenly today shipping is $30.00 for Priority. I just told her I don't need the hat in 3 days and to just ship it normal post and we'll call it even.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
She must be using the post office. The most I've spent on sending any package by UPS within the past 4 months is $18. I've sent some pretty large boxes, and some went to residential and rural addresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum