Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Phineas Lamour said:
My birthday is next week. I am looking on ebay for a hat to buy with some birthday money. All you other size 7s take the week off please.:D

I will be out of town for the week, and unable to keep up with bidding. I already have a huge stash of hats, don't really need any more, and my wife would agree.

So, happy birthday and happy bidding from a fellow size 7.

Theodor Adorno

New in Town
Optimal optimos!

Lefty said:
Even though it was tempting, I stayed away.

I treated myself to both a tan + the navy blue one.

More than I could afford but a) I thought I would attempt to go cold turkey on the hats by finishing on a high and b) I did at least manage to avoid getting into a bidding war over the long-haired one ...
(really scrambling to justify my expenditure now)

I also won what looks like a great Golden Biege Stetson vintage beaver homburg ... it's so over the top it just might work??:eusa_clap

will let you know what they're like ...

best,

Paul.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Got my Stetson Caribou today

Bought this one for a mere $9.99. Came in the original box and was still in the plastic. I don't think it was ever used at all. Says 7X inside. This one is from the late 60s I assume. The box has an original price tag at $65.

caribu_01.jpg

caribu_02.jpg

caribu_03.jpg

caribu_04.jpg

It came with a feather in it. I got rid of that first thing!

Glenn77

New in Town
Defeat

I am new to ebay and, in fact, I am using my wifes account. Missed out on a nice fedora because I didn'y hit the confirm bid button. Oh well...I'm sure others will become available.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
wow...

I actually won a hat. I need to not do this anymore. I don't actually have enough money to buy hats.

My Very Own Open Road
406080062_o.jpg

I guess I am no longer in the market for that Campdraft right now.

We will see how this really works. This is the first time i bought a vintage hat on ebay. (I know, it is not very old or in very good condition).

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Glenn77 said:
Missed out on a nice fedora because I didn'y hit the confirm bid button. Oh well...I'm sure others will become available.

No worries. There is indeed plenty of good stuff to be had. Welcome! ;)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Akubra "Sundowner"

I won this Akubra and can't really find out much about it. I will say that it is one of the most comfortable hats I have ever worn.
aa3ce0b5.jpg

I have more pics in the Akubra Overload thread.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Mario, That is a rare one. As you know I put a high bid (for me) on that one but didn't get it.

Yes, and a sad thing it is that you didn't win it. I told you why I believe that this one really is a very rare specimen. Very few hats have survived that time, espcially in what appears to be absolutely mint condition. Well, never mind, Steve - the next, even nicer 1940's (or even 30's) Mayser is already out there, waiting for you... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff